The Sewing Place

Girls vs Boys

toileandtrouble

Re: Girls vs Boys
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 20:48:48 PM »
Without cutting, but you need to taper to the cuff yourself -  https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=091-XJKHFMXggwfYiqbQDA&q=make+sleeves+pattern+bigger&oq=make+sleeves+pattern+bigger&gs_l=psy-ab.12...19090.22936..2555.0.0..0.1255...872.7j3......0
This one  shows the pattern adjustment by cutting  - https://blog.cashmerette.com/2016/10/tutorial-how-to-make-sleeves-larger.html
 You will notice that cutting and overlapping the pattern will shorten the outside of the sleeve a little.  If it will make it tight when you bend your elbow, add a little length to compensate
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

snoozi soozi

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 22:22:11 PM »
@toileandtrouble Great stuff thanks for that I'll study them tomorrow. Don't know where you read that I won't have fabric for the yoke though, there was no mention of that?!  -<
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

toileandtrouble

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 22:27:14 PM »
Doh! It was in WildAtlanticWay's reply. She was the one  short on fabric, sorry.  Concentrate girl!

snoozi soozi

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 09:45:22 AM »
I've decided to assign this to the UFO cupboard, it is stressing me out due to the adjustments required, and I wanted it made and ready to wear in a week's time for a 'do' I'm off to and so far I'm nowhere near.

I can't deal with the thing that I love doing for escapism giving me grief, there's too much else going on  :S  It'll get finished some time in the future, the new skills required will be good for me
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

toileandtrouble

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 12:12:06 PM »
There's no point in sewing if it only makes you stressed.  I always find a deadline for myself messes up my head.  Chill out and come back to it when you feel better.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2019, 12:23:27 PM »
Is the yoke double? Would you have enough to make the top layer of yoke in the proper fabric but do the lining side in something else?  (perhaps from a scrap shirt or something? You could make a feature of doing the inside of the neck band, if it is on a band, in the different material)

Yes, I was wondering about this too. Just need to find some suitable stretchy fabric.