The Sewing Place

Cross-body pocket bag pattern wanted

Vezelay

Cross-body pocket bag pattern wanted
« on: November 25, 2019, 16:50:53 PM »
I'd like to make a cross body pocket bag - something along these lines but much slimmer, not so chunky. It's not for travelling or anti-theft, mainly for walking and tour guiding days - when I want to carry my phone, wallet and light rainhat - mostly under a jacket or gilet - but don't want to wear a shoulder bag or backpack.

Has anyone here come across a pattern like this? I can't find one and I'm not a great one for improvisation - I'm much better following instructions :)

Like these images but maybe 2/3 the size:
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 17:20:01 PM by Vezelay »

Acorn

Re: Cross-body pocket bag pattern wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 17:13:33 PM »
iThinkSew has a lot of bag patterns, and I think I spot at least one cross-body one in there.  They have quite a lot of free patterns too, but I'm not sure whether they have one in that section.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sleepingwolf

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 17:56:04 PM »
How about this one on the Sew4Home site?  Slim Crossbody Shoulder Pouch.  They have some other crossbody bags on the site but this one is the slimmest.

Puzzler

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 18:11:46 PM »
iThinkSew has a lot of bag patterns

You’re not kidding!!

Vezelay

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 18:38:58 PM »
You’re not kidding!!
My feeling exactly! @Acorn I haven't found exactly what I want on there but goodness, a million great patterns, thanks.  :)

@sleepingwolf that looks ideal - and it's free - and great instructions. And it would be easy to enlarge it slightly if needed. (It needs to hold car keys too, I forgot about those.) I'll print that off and look at it. Thanks a mil.
Edit: actually I love the jacket on the model - have the pattern and the fabric already so just need a grey zip. :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 18:51:08 PM by Vezelay »