« on: April 08, 2017, 08:58:29 AM »

Lyn-J

Re: Zadie
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 09:58:23 AM »
No, but here are a couple of reviews Link: PatternReview

DementedFairy

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 11:47:53 AM »
I was just on GOMI and it was getting soundly bashed...as were most of Tilly's offerings.  I'm not at all surprised
C'est moi!

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 13:39:08 PM »
I'll have to ask... what's GOMI?

DementedFairy

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 13:45:23 PM »
Get Off My Internet.  A snark site, it's FAB for the evil amongst us. :devil:
C'est moi!

Francesca

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 14:14:52 PM »
I love GOMI. They do tear people to shreds sometimes but I felt for a long time that I was screaming at the screen on certain threads, issues etc on other forums and I felt totally alone. Wasn't until I discovered GOMI and realised that's where all the people were hanging out and snarking about things. I love it!

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 14:53:39 PM »
I loved GOMI for a while and it was certainly an antidote to all the 'niceness' and fawning, but I had all sorts of technical issues that made it a PITA to navigate and I also found myself locked out of discussions, so I closed my account.

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 16:50:07 PM »
Not so much fun if you're on the receiving end.....

DaisyChain

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 17:51:04 PM »
I think this quote from one of the Zadie Pattern Reviews just about sums up my thoughts on this pattern company.

https://sewing.patternreview.com/review/pattern/133031

“This is a really cute dress, kind of like if you stole a child's dress and sized it up for a grown-up.”

Personally, I feel too old to channel my inner five year old!  :)

:gin:    :|     :meow:     :woof:   

DementedFairy

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 18:05:30 PM »
Not so much fun if you're on the receiving end.....
Meh- we've trodden this road many times- put your stuff out into the world, someone will snark.  If you're not prepared to be a potential target, you keep it all within your own four walls.  Tilly herself irks me horribly [ever since appearing on GBSB], and I'm sure if I ever met her, my face would say whatever my words don't.  Some people take me that way, I'm not alone!
'Tilly' as a brand is out there in the market, and I'm as free to snark as I am about 'Hello Kitty' or pink bunting.  Gah. 

Anyway, we can have as many individual snark threads as we like I suppose, and the titles can carry a warning, so keep your eyes peeled fellow evil ones...

For the fluffy bunnies, steer clear lol :devil:
C'est moi!

SingingSinger

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 18:22:28 PM »
I've not been much taken with Tilly's designs in general but I did order the Cleo dungaree dress in a weak moment, and I do quite like it. I've made 2. The instructions were well described and illustrated so it was foolproof. So I can see why her brand appeals to young and newbie sewers, especially if they're into "supercute" (just reading that word puts my teeth on edge!)  0_0
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

DementedFairy

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 18:31:05 PM »
'Cute' would have been banned by my grammar school English teacher, I'm sure, along with 'nice'.  That was utterly forbidden as lazy and weak.

Cute is for small babies and furry animals, not grown women lol
C'est moi!

Lyn-J

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 20:19:22 PM »
How much time have I spent on GOMI this afternoon!  Sorry we are supposed to be discussing Zadie.

Efemera

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 21:11:58 PM »
I'm no fan of Tilly either..wasn't impressed with her on TGBSB, didn't think she had much talent...... but I do quite like the Zadie dress .. just a bit concerned about how good the drafting is.

UttaRetch

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 21:22:24 PM »

'Tilly' as a brand is out there in the market, and I'm as free to snark as I am about 'Hello Kitty' or pink bunting.

Ugh, the blogosphere is full of pigeon-toed ingenues peddling their own brand of twee dullness.  If I see one more shapeless, sludge coloured garment I won't be answerable for my actions.