The Sewing Place

It's time to let them go

Barnyard

It's time to let them go
« on: March 07, 2019, 22:48:14 PM »
 :( Well the big old fight has come to the final round and I am down on points... So I have decided it is time my collection moves on to people who may enjoy them whilst I am still able to do this.
This is just a tentative post and I know I have not been here for some time for obvious reasons but other than you good people I do not know who would appreciate them more.

I have a 221k, 2x 201k, 1 x 185k and my favourite 15k that need to find new loving homes. There are also tins of presser feet and various other related items that need to go also.

So if anyone is looking for a vintage machine that has been lovingly restored and is both mechanically and electrically in superb order then just drop me a PM.

Barny

Renegade Sewist

Re: It's time to let them go
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 23:09:42 PM »
Barny, I'm sorry to hear that you are not well. It's hard to come to the realization that we need to part with some of our beloved toys and tools, but I commend you for doing it on your terms. There is a bit of joy in knowing that they will continue to be loved and admired.

Take care.  :flower:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 08:11:23 AM »
Thinking about you @Barnyard - take care.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 09:18:13 AM »
Barny, I read this earlier and it brought a tear to my eye.  I hope you find good homes for all your babies and that they are loved as much as you have loved them.

Take good care of yourself.

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Greybird

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 09:27:33 AM »
@Barnyard I am so sorry to hear this. Your machines have survived because of you and just as they are part of you, you will always be part of them. Take care!

BrendaP

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 16:40:30 PM »
Sorry to hear that Barney.  The machines are too far away for me, maybe just as well, but I'm sure you will find someone to love them as much as you do. :flower:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Barnyard

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 01:17:50 AM »
Hi. I am replying on my late brothers behalf Barny (Bernard was his real name but we all called him Barny). He sadly passed away on Thursday following a long and hard fight against prostate cancer. Right now we are unsure what to do as I know he was looking to pass on his collection of sewing machines and in fact left notification that they must go to good homes and not be sold on Ebay. If it were not for the fact he (we) received a PM today we would not have been able to access his account as we did not know about his last message on here.
As we and his daughters come to terms with losing him we wil in time try to update you on what his daughters want to do with the machines and if they wish to pass them on then I shall do my very best to send them to good homes within this community.
For now though whilst we come to terms with our loss we would appreciate it if offers were not made. This may sound rude but we are just harbouring his daughters.

Kindest Regards
Jim Davies

fajita

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 06:04:39 AM »
What very sad news, Jim. Sending my condolences to all his friends and family.
 :flower:

annieeg

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 06:35:14 AM »
@Barnyard
Sending condolences to
Jim and Barnyard"s daughters .
 :flower:

Manuela

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 06:39:18 AM »
Very sad news, condolences to family and friends.

Nevis5

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 07:14:37 AM »
My condolences to all your family.  Thank you for letting us know.  May Barny rest in peace. x

Iminei

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 07:25:00 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear your news Jim, and completely understand your and Barnys family's need for some peace and quiet in which to reflect on your brother and his life.

Have you got access to his account now, passwords and the like ... so that when you are ready to post on here, however much time that might take, you can post? If not Im sure one of our tech bods @Francesca @Acorn  can help you with that.

Please accept my and TSP's sincere condolences at this sad time.

Iminei
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

toileandtrouble

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 07:45:58 AM »
So very sorry to hear this. His posts showed a lovely personaity. Please suggest his daughters keep a machine each, even if they do not sew at present. Several of our members took up sewing  a little later in life and they find pleasure and comfort in using a machine inherited from a loved one.
Sincere condolences to you all.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Pearl

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 07:50:45 AM »
So sorry to hear this news, Jim.  My condolences to you and your family. 

Acorn

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 08:24:34 AM »
So, so sorry.   :'(
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.