The Sewing Place

Another Tosti

Gernella

Another Tosti
« on: March 08, 2019, 13:26:01 PM »
I've done really well here (for me), started beginning of February and finished yesterday.  It was easier second time and a nice silky lining instead of a quilted one so that save work.  I cocked up one of the  snaps using the pliers.  When I was  doing the inner ones they were slightly out of reach of where the snap wanted to go.  Last time I pinned the facing over with quilting clips, this time used my finger.  One doubled up the fabric somewhere and I had a hole at the front and another at the back, in a different place.  Fray check works well!

This one is much lighter in weight and had the sizing taken down.  I spent more on the lining and it shows.  The fabric was from Clothspot, the cotton drill and it is so easy to work with.  I was going for different pockets but the zip ones had more room for rubbish.

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Acorn

Re: Another Tosti
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 13:37:50 PM »
That looks terrific - well done!   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Greybird

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 14:01:52 PM »
That's really nice - well done! A good colour too.

Surest1tch

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 14:13:51 PM »

So Chic

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 14:33:43 PM »
Congratulations - it looks great.  I wish I could produce work as good
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

annieeg

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 15:16:26 PM »
Very professional looking .. We should put you in for GBSB 2020  ;) ;)

Ellabella

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 16:07:19 PM »
Beautifully finished.  You are getting really good at these. :D

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 16:08:28 PM »
Looks fabulous...

SkoutSews

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 16:49:04 PM »
That's beautifully finished, a lovely jacket. I like the colour.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2019, 17:10:07 PM »
Very professional looking .. We should put you in for GBSB 2020  ;) ;)
They don't allow five weeks for a project though  :D
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 18:01:56 PM »
Very nice!   Keep promising to make myself a coat. 

Gernella

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 10:39:07 AM »
They don't allow five weeks for a project though  :D

Ah well that's the beauty of do it yourself, it's a pleasure actually doing it.  Pressure is not something I want although I am sure other members would relish it.

I must admit since doing this from an Indie pattern I am quite impressed, the only problem I have is with the sizing, the main pattern providers you know exactly what you will get but this I went larger, especially on the first one as it was for winter.  This looks larger (the snaps look out as well but they are level) on my lady model but I went two sizes down this time and with the satin lining it feels just right and still has room for manoeuvre if I want anything extra underneath..
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

snoozi soozi

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 10:43:30 AM »
Ah well that's the beauty of do it yourself, it's a pleasure actually doing it.  Pressure is not something I want although I am sure other members would relish it.

After my latest debacle with the shirt I attempted to make I too have realised that time pressure is not welcome in my work-room  :'(
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Ploshkin

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 13:44:51 PM »
That's excellent Gernella -  I'm not sure what I thought a Tosti was but it wasn't a jacket.
I might think about that one but not for a while as I am all jacketed out at the moment.
Life's too short for ironing.

Nevis5

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 13:46:20 PM »
Wow, @Gernella  , that's fabulous!