Efemera

Juki TL 98P
« on: March 08, 2019, 21:42:37 PM »
WITHDRAWN...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 18:13:25 PM by Efemera »

snoozi soozi

Re: Juki TL 98P
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 10:52:47 AM »
@Efemera tell me about it. How long you had it, is it a 'friendly' machine, why you selling, how much you want?
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 12:45:41 PM »
It’s a straight stitch only but very fast. I’ve had it a while but not used much, problably needs a service. Retails around £1000 I’m asking £550

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 13:44:48 PM »
That is a lovely machine and certainly worth the money.  I have a Husqvarna Mega Quilter, same principle.  I don't use very often but when I do it just starts up and runs, even with only treating now and again to oil.  I've yet to find anything it won't sew and the straight  stitch is better than any of my other machines and not fussy, goes from lining to more substantial fabric without any messing around with the tension.

Mine could do with a service as well, but very heavy to move any distance on foot, which is what it would want to get serviced.  I think mine cost £350 but it had been used in a business making fabric handbags.   
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

snoozi soozi

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 17:17:08 PM »
It’s a straight stitch only but very fast.
Not ideal unfortunately, I have a small machine table and limited space in my sewing hut and I can see myself shifting machines around according to what stitching is required; my old Janome weighs the same as a baby hippo  :loveit:

Gernella

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 11:29:20 AM »
Have you thought about this @snoozi soozi

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustable-Camping-Table-2-5FT-Garden-Picnic-Outdoor-Folding-Trestle-Heavy-Duty/183696624614?hash=item2ac52c0be6:g:GCUAAOSw2hhcbo8Z#rwid

I bought one for my Bernina, which is normally used downstairs when it's hot upstairs.  Seemed a shame not to use it in winter.  Just the right size and easily shiftable.  You can get cheaper, you just have to make sure that the maximum height is at least 74cm.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

snoozi soozi

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 12:40:00 PM »
@Gernella Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have room for another table in my sewing room, it's set up perfectly just as it is so it would still mean shifting machines around  ><

Gernella

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 10:35:24 AM »
Well I wanted that machine myself @snoozi soozi , but must not, so thought it might help  you to get it.  Although this could mean that you need a larger room. ;)

I quite like these collapsible, I've got a Gidget Hobby table which has been on the landing, downstairs in the hall, dining room and conservatory, although just means more thread trail to pick up. 

Sewingsue

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 09:20:26 AM »
Have you thought about this @snoozi soozi

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustable-Camping-Table-2-5FT-Garden-Picnic-Outdoor-Folding-Trestle-Heavy-Duty/183696624614?hash=item2ac52c0be6:g:GCUAAOSw2hhcbo8Z#rwid

I bought one for my Bernina, which is normally used downstairs when it's hot upstairs.  Seemed a shame not to use it in winter.  Just the right size and easily shiftable.  You can get cheaper, you just have to make sure that the maximum height is at least 74cm.
@Gernella I see you use this table for a Bernina. How stable is it please?
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Gernella

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 11:52:37 AM »
Very stable @Sewingsue, I've actually got two but the first one I didn't  check the maximum height and it meant I had to drop my chair if I used it, so I reduced it to the lowest height, stuck it under a desk  and just use it for storage boxes, which works very well as I can still get the cleaner under it.  The maximum weight limit is 110kg so more than sufficient.  It's not as fancy as the Gidget I have but it is far lighter if you want to move around, especially if I take it downstairs.

Sewingsue

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 17:15:23 PM »
Very stable @Sewingsue, I've actually got two but the first one I didn't  check the maximum height and it meant I had to drop my chair if I used it, so I reduced it to the lowest height, stuck it under a desk  and just use it for storage boxes, which works very well as I can still get the cleaner under it.  The maximum weight limit is 110kg so more than sufficient.  It's not as fancy as the Gidget I have but it is far lighter if you want to move around, especially if I take it downstairs.
110kg? Wow, that's 17st. That means it would easily take the weight of my 99k.
Thanks Gernella.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.