The Sewing Place

Backpacks inspired by Chanel

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Backpacks inspired by Chanel
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2019, 11:59:26 AM »
Chanuela bags, brilliant  0_0
I love these, that tweed fabric is superb.

Manuela

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2019, 12:15:53 PM »
Ha, Chanuela - love it. @Francesca, I omitted the zipper on version 2, as the backpack is too small, it wouldn’t make sense - the intention was for easy access.
I only have patchpockets on the lining, a small one at the front and a bog one at the back, that’s more than enough methinks.

cbcarolyn

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2019, 00:06:14 AM »
these are lovely.

Sewing Chanel-Style

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2019, 07:00:04 AM »
Very beautiful ! I would love to post or link this topic on my chanel style-website but I am not sure if that's allowed?

And I will create one myself.  Great work and instructions. Big compliment!

Manuela

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2019, 11:54:14 AM »
While I’m happy for this thread to be linked, I would’t want to see my images on your blog @Sewing Chanel-Style.

Sewing Chanel-Style

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2019, 13:02:17 PM »
While I’m happy for this thread to be linked, I would’t want to see my images on your blog @Sewing Chanel-Style.

Ok, sorry for suggesting.  I thought it would be a compliment. We also make bags and even hats. Vogue also has some beautiful patterns of bags, but I never found a good one of a backpack-bag.

Catllar

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2019, 13:35:07 PM »
They're great Manuela. You could use some coloured cork for the bottom too, together with bag feet.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

blackcat001

Re: Inspired by ...... Chanel
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2019, 14:25:52 PM »
I figured out a way to anchor the chain ends - long live the common keyring  ;)

Now that is a brilliant idea!

Iminei

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2019, 21:01:00 PM »

Did you embroider that M on the denim ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Manuela

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2019, 01:37:04 AM »
No @Iminei, that is the artwork that was on the pockets of my old jeans.

Manuela

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2019, 01:50:19 AM »
I made one more, from an old leather jacket I haven’t worn as it didn’t fit me properly in the shoulders, I added some leftover fabric from a Chanel style jacket as well.... Should have posted it in the contest thread, but forfot to take pictures.

The old jacket, already cut apart. At some point I thought about incorporating the zippers, but that would have meant gold coloured hardware, which I don’t like
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I used black leftover boucle to add pockets at front and back of the jacket, they close with snaps, the ‘We’re all mad here’ button is added as decoration for the snap underneath.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 01:56:35 AM by Manuela »

Iminei

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 11:10:30 AM »
You make such beautiful stuff @Manuela  ... Dont suppose you could put together a tut for this ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Manuela

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2019, 11:57:20 AM »
You make such beautiful stuff @Manuela  ... Dont suppose you could put together a tut for this ???

Will do at some point @Iminei, I need time and a clear head for that though. University starts again on Monday, and the situation in Hong Kong is getting worse by the day.

Sewingsue

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2019, 12:06:17 PM »
No wish to pry Manuela, but will you and Mr M be able to relocate relatively easily if things do get worse?
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Manuela

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2019, 16:00:14 PM »
No wish to pry Manuela, but will you and Mr M be able to relocate relatively easily if things do get worse?
No, we won’t. Hong Kong is our home, and has been for a long time (29 years for me, 20 years for Mr Manuela). Me being German and him being a Brit doesn’t make things easier when it comes to Europe. Thailand is good for a short escape, but we don’t have residency there.