The Sewing Place

Backpacks inspired by Chanel

Iminei

Re: Backpacks inspired by Chanel
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2019, 11:10:30 AM »
You make such beautiful stuff @Manuela  ... Dont suppose you could put together a tut for this ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Manuela

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2019, 11:57:20 AM »
You make such beautiful stuff @Manuela  ... Dont suppose you could put together a tut for this ???

Will do at some point @Iminei, I need time and a clear head for that though. University starts again on Monday, and the situation in Hong Kong is getting worse by the day.

Sewingsue

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2019, 12:06:17 PM »
No wish to pry Manuela, but will you and Mr M be able to relocate relatively easily if things do get worse?
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Manuela

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2019, 16:00:14 PM »
No wish to pry Manuela, but will you and Mr M be able to relocate relatively easily if things do get worse?
No, we won’t. Hong Kong is our home, and has been for a long time (29 years for me, 20 years for Mr Manuela). Me being German and him being a Brit doesn’t make things easier when it comes to Europe. Thailand is good for a short escape, but we don’t have residency there.

Elnnina

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2019, 17:48:47 PM »
Manuela I do feel for you and the situation that you both find yourself in, it certainly is not very pleasant, and all we can do as far away as we are is to hope that common sense soon prevails and that everything quietens down and you can all get back to normal.   I am sure that you personally have had more than your fair share of uncertainty in your life.

Sewingsue

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2019, 19:08:17 PM »
Elnnina has found the words I was looking for, Manuela Stay safe.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.