The Sewing Place

PDF Big 4 Patterns

Acorn

PDF Big 4 Patterns
« on: March 13, 2019, 10:33:20 AM »
I know that some of the patterns from the Big 4 companies are available as downloads.  I have occasionally come across them.  However, I can't find them now!  Where should I be looking?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

Re: PDF Big 4 Patterns
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 11:00:02 AM »
Have a look at this page @Acorn - I had to sign in to see it though McCall Pdfs You will have to go to the US McCalls website and look for patterns with a pdf sign next to them apparently.

For instance, here's one: https://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m7878.  (sorry, editing a post so couldn't do hyperlink thingy)

I wonder if they reduce the pdf patterns too when they have patterns - might be worth hanging on to see if they do.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:02:51 AM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 11:35:21 AM »
Thanks @Tamnymore - that's great.  It looks as though the pdfs are being reduced just the same as the paper patterns, too.   :D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

doesntworkonwood

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 12:01:01 PM »
I didn't realise that you could get pdfs of Big 4 patterns. I've found for the projects where I've tried to use big 4, by the time I've traced around them and cut them out I get burned out and give up. It doesn't happen with pdf patterns because I dont feel the need to preserve the sizes so I don't trace them out.

Thanks for the link. Hopefully more of the big 4 and not just burda and McCall's will start doing pdfs as well as their paper patterns.

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 12:40:45 PM »
Now that's handy!  I'm another who didn't realise that the Big 4 did PDF's.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 13:34:11 PM »
I can only see the pdf icon on some of the McCalls patterns at the mo. I don't think they are necessarily available across all the big 4 brands.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde