The Sewing Place

GBSB Sewing Bee episodes related items for sale

b15erk

Re: GBSB Sewing Bee episodes related items for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 09:54:44 AM »
Thanks WAW, love a bargain and a freebie!  :)

Bring them on!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 09:56:39 AM »
Would anyone under the age of 140 ever wear a pussybow????
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 10:15:11 AM »
I love anything with bows and frills... and yes I’d wear one....I think they look lovely on younger folks.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 10:53:18 AM »
Would anyone under the age of 140 ever wear a pussybow????
Does anyone know any 139 year olds to ask?

I'm a great deal under that age and I quite like them  :D
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Greybird

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 11:33:00 AM »
I liked them first time around, but I've found that when you have watched something fashionable grow tired and out of date you can never quite see it with enthusiastic eyes again. Wouldn't wear one now.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 12:01:22 PM »
@Lowena
Maybe you could save your opinions on what you like/dislike for the main SewingBee thread?

I think it would be good to keep this thread just for posting about items for sale related to the SewingBee, pretty please?  :angel:

annieeg

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 12:04:39 PM »
Loved Pussy Bow tie blouses first time around and love them now!
Have a recent vogue pattern for one which I will definitely make. 
I confess to having an M&S version in my wardrobe.
My favourite outfit when I was 16:  Mid calf length kilt, with long length waistcoat and white satin pussy bow blouse with full sleeves/narrow cuffs .. I felt like a million dollars!
I still remember that outfit  to this day and I wore it in 1971!
Bought clothes from BIBA and Carnaby Street (particularly remember a really nice black/white print crepe maxi skirt, really swirly  :D).
Remember my calico overblouse (a bit peasantish) with tartan flares!
I grew up in Central London so BIBA, Carnaby Street, Chelsea Girl ... all those shops were easily accessible for me.
Must stop now before I go too far down memory lane, but the late 60's/early 70's were absolutely the best times :) :)
Annie

Bogwoppit

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 14:00:31 PM »
Amy gran wore pussy bow blouses, in 70's paisley fabric. She always joked the bow caught the peas she dropped so she could eat them later
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

BrendaP

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 16:22:26 PM »
Amazon have got it wrong! 

GBSB showed them using Gütermann rPET recycled polyester thread, not the regular Gütermann poly SewAll, even though away from the reel you probaby couldn't tell the difference between the two
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Greybird

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 16:37:06 PM »
What is it recycled from?

BrendaP

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 20:11:13 PM »
rPET means recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate.  Water and fizzy drinks bottles and any other plastic cartons with a 1 inside the recycling triangle symbol.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Greybird

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 22:36:05 PM »
Thank you @BrendaP . It's obvious once explained - thread made from recycled materials. I had been imagining (with difficulty) unpicked thread and couldn't think how it could be done - how daft can you get?!

Marniesews

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 12:30:21 PM »
I'd been wondering why it was a fashion I never even considered back in the day.

My body shape has changed a lot in the last 5 years and then it hit me that it was because it's not that flattering when the ties act as a pendulum below a prominent bust! Very shortsightedly I'd entirely overlooked how useful it would be as a pea retrieval system though. @Bogwoppit
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.