The Sewing Place

Sewing machine (overlocker) carrying bag

b15erk

Re: Sewing machine (overlocker) carrying bag
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 09:12:17 AM »
Sakar, I love that!  Such a simple design, but your machine looks really secure in it.

May have to 'borrow' that idea!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Sakar

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 09:25:45 AM »
@b15erk  Yes of course, you can "borrow" it, but I want it back, when you don't need it any more

I just thought, I need something simple and protective, and that is  what came out of it.  ;)

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 09:34:30 AM »
@Sakar  That’s a really good design. Simple and effective. I wouldn’t have thought to use Velcro for the sides like that as I would assume it wouldn’t be strong enough but I’m guessing your machine isn’t particularly lightweight either.

Lots to think about now.

This site is brilliant for sharing ideas and solutions!  :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 20:38:49 PM by WildAtlanticWay »

Sakar

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 11:53:55 AM »
This machine has app. 8kg.

I went to my fabric shop and I said to the shop owner, "I need the strongest Velcro you have". And then I got this 5cm wide stripes.
This is also one of the reasons, why we have decided to make this wooden basic plate: the wood has no intention to slip on the denim, neither does the machine on the basic plate.
So the Velcro's job is only to close the bag's sides quickly and protect the machine against dust and dirt. It does not need to endure any force.

Vezelay

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2019, 15:22:07 PM »
WAW, if you can't find the supplies you need you could always buy one of these from Sewing Machines Direct HERE. It's £25 + £4 postage to Ireland.

The £15 one I bought from Amazon isn't available any more but it's a more basic model.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 15:24:23 PM by Vezelay »