The Sewing Place

UK Pattern Manufacturers

Lyn-J

Efemera

Re: UK Pattern Manufacturers
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 21:33:52 PM »
Not keen on MM... a bit grey and drab....I'd look like I'd just come from some institution..

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 21:42:00 PM »
There must be more than four. Sew over it produce beautiful patterns and I always stop by their stand at exihibitions, but they are too pricey for me.

Lyn-J

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 23:11:26 PM »
Just adding By Hand London and Nina Lee to the first post

Didi

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 09:26:27 AM »
Merchant and Mills is defiantly a certain "look" and it's one you either like or not, bit like marmite. I have made a few of their patterns up and I do like them they are easy to wear don't think I would choose any of them for a "posh" do but for mooching around the house or shopping they are very comfortable
Simplesew patterns are one of my favourites probably because they just me without much faffing around I know I can go to one of theirs and make it straight out of the pattern, they have a lot of dresses but are a bit lacking in trousers

https://www.simplesewpatterns.com

Francesca

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 09:36:24 AM »
Not keen on MM... a bit grey and drab....I'd look like I'd just come from some institution..

I feel a bit the same but then when I started thinking of them for loungewear I changed my mind. I could be so comfortable pottering around the garden in The Dress Shirt.

The Skipper is also so adorable, wish I knew any babies to sew it for!

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 15:56:40 PM »
Ooh, the skipper reminds me of a 'sailor' dress.

The Simple sew patterns all look lovely, but I don't care for Fehr trade (exercise wear, shudder) and Nine Lee is twee to the nth degree.

jen

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 17:53:23 PM »
Ralph Pink

Lyn-J

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 17:54:57 PM »
thanks for contributing everyone I'll add them to the top thread so we have a reference.

Oh the skipper:D thanks Fran, DGD4 is about to become a victim  :devil:

SkoutSews

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 09:15:00 AM »
Thanks for that one Jen, Ralph Pink are new to me.  I've just taken a look and like some of their designs. 

Has anyone made any up? How would you rate them?

Samantha

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 11:08:16 AM »
Here's another one for you Wendy Ward

Liking Ralph Pink

Not a fan of Tilly, she irritates me. I want to like M&M but they just don't do it for me but I love their branding!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:18:34 AM by Samantha »

sewmuchmore

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 18:34:05 PM »
Love the un-structured line of the patterns on the The Makers Atelier but at £22 each you would have to be sure you were going to make them time and time again.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Francesca

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 18:51:55 PM »
Ooh, the skipper reminds me of a 'sailor' dress.

I think that's why it's called the "skipper"  0_0

Francesca

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 18:54:29 PM »
Love the un-structured line of the patterns on the The Makers Atelier but at £22 each you would have to be sure you were going to make them time and time again.

I actually thing Maker's Atelier is ridiculous and arrogant to be charging that much for nothing more than basics. These are the sort of things a beginner could probably draft and they're selling them for £22.50!! For a pencil skirt, you have to be kidding me.

Lyn-J

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 19:44:58 PM »
You can by the Maker's Atelier Book, with 6 patterns, for less than the price of a single pattern (???)  Amazon link

I've come across  Trend Patterns which is a very new company.