The Sewing Place

Sunny Sunday 17th March

Stitches

Re: Sunny Sunday 17th March
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 12:33:10 PM »
Sunny and windy here. altered some tops ready for tomorrow. going to go put my feet up and read now

hernibs

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 12:45:49 PM »
Happy St Patrick's Day to everyone. My granny from Derry/Londonderry (actually I had two grannies from D/LD) always used to say that on St Patrick's Day the warm side of the stone turns up so wherever you are may the warm side of the stone turn up for you today.  <3

Well, even though stuffed with the cold still I was out feeding the birds and it's still a bit blowy but not too bad.

hernibs

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 12:50:02 PM »
Here's my official Happy St Patrick's Day to those who celebrate our patron Saint.  Hope you all have a restful Sunday whether parading or not.
Tomorrow is a Bank Holiday over here - I was going to go to deliver some work to the gallery and they reminded me that they weren't open on Monday....that's retirement for you - one can forget Bank Holidays.

Tamnymore - I'm sure they will be having a right fun day in D/LD today....have you ever been on Paddy's Day?

justpottering

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 13:35:14 PM »
Afternoon everyone it’s bright but cold here today I was awake at stupid o’clock so did some painting before going to the supermarket
Today’s supermarket was on the coast so I also went for a wee windy walk along the beach   :loveit:

Yesterday I found half of a butternut squash in the fridge so made soup with it which we had for lunch while watching gardeners world I do like Monty

Back to painting
Have a happy St Patrick’s day whatever you get up to
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Elnnina

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 14:37:49 PM »
We are having what is called a four seasons in one day type of day.  It started off beautifully sunny with blue skies and the wind seemed to have died down, and just now we have had two sessions of horrible yellowy grey skies, snow, hail and wind, the snow started laying and looked so pretty for a while, then blue skies were back, and now it is back to a horrible dark dull coloured sky - glad I am not outside.

Ploshkin

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 15:52:20 PM »
Back from Mum's 90th birthday do.  It was lovely to have 4 generations of the family all present - that doesn't happen very often.  This was her birthday cake, made by one of her grandsons and his wife - the cake was excellent eating too.  There was a 90 cleverly incorporated in the tree rings of the log.  The owl was in recognition of her many decades with the Brownies as a grey owl, tawny owl and brown owl - she is still involved in guiding as a member of the Trefoil Guild.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 15:55:46 PM by Ploshkin »
Life's too short for ironing.

Silver Rose

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 16:11:18 PM »
Our weather has been crazy today, went out in the car under sunny skies, pulled up to go for a walk across the fields when the heavens opened with a hail storm which seemed to follow us around. Back home  an hour later the sun is out again. Tomorrow looks a nice sunny day and I'm invigilating until 1pm, this morning I made a sun dried tomato and brie tart with pesto for lunch tomorrow so I should have time to some sewing.
Still learning

Tamnymore

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 17:41:42 PM »
Fabulous cake @Ploshkin and what a wonderful family occasion. Your mum will have loved every minute.

Never been in NI for St P's Day @hernibs but I see the diary on my phone thinks I have a holiday tomorrow so maybe it knows something I don't!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

twopence

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2019, 17:58:41 PM »
Mixture of weather here too but no snow as we're not on the top of a hill like @Elnnina.

While it was sunny this morning I cut back the passion flower to keep it under control for the year.  After lunch we watched the Australian Grand Prix.  We haven't been for a walk today as the wind blew the car door onto my foot and trapped it so it's sore today.

Kwaaked

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2019, 19:30:45 PM »
I slept in and my OH let my cat sleep with me for a while.  Rare treat, and I like sleeping with my cat.  Super cuddle bug in bed. 

I think it's a nice day out there.  Haven't stepped foot outside yet, which is rare for me.  Chilling, watching the McCann doc on Netflix, making a beaded pin cushion for a friend of mine...

And I just got a text "Grandma is in the hospital...please don't send midgets."

(My bio grandmonster is the wicked witch of the west...I keep threatening to send midgets to her funeral to sing ding, dong the witch is dead as background.)

crafter

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2019, 23:07:34 PM »

Yesterday I found half of a butternut squash in the fridge so made soup with it which we had for lunch while watching gardeners world I do like Monty

Ha, ha, I too found half a butternut squash in the fridge today which I had meant to make soup with but I didn't much fancy the blue bits on it so it went on the compost heap.
A perfectionist never achieves perfection.  If perfection was achieved, then the standard was not set high enough.

justpottering

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2019, 08:06:34 AM »
   0_0 @crafter
Mine had blue bits on the area where it had been sliced so my plan was compost bin too but I sliced the said bit off and the rest of it was fine
And we’re both still alive and well this morning so I guess it worked  0_0
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea