The Sewing Place

Heeelllllllppppp!!!!! Advice needed.

Kwaaked

Re: Heeelllllllppppp!!!!! Advice needed.
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2019, 20:44:55 PM »
I don't think Chanel goes off really.  I have a bottle that's well over a decade old and keep it in a drawer in my dressing table...I think the light changes it more then anything.  I don't wear it often because my OH gets so choked up, so I switched to Prada Candy L'eau, but I used some the other day and it was as it ever was.

And pearls would look grand.  I've got a strand I don't wear often myself.

I have a creepy/funny story about my perfume, though.

Acorn

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2019, 20:49:57 PM »
Ooh - do tell!   :)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Kwaaked

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2019, 05:52:32 AM »
Well, I have a smell stalker.

I go to my DD's school every day.  We have to pick her up and so sometimes I go in because I have work or something going on, and we have things at the school parents have to go to.  One of the kids has a dad that is always there when I am (or me and my OH).  Dude is a good 10 years or so younger then I am.

Well, right before Christmas, we got in line, and this guy moved a few people to get right behind me.  And sniffed.  And sniffed.  And was really obvious he was sniffing.  I turned (please be aware I am not joking when I say I do not look friendly and have god level RBF...Victoria Beckham looks downright friendly in comparison) and he got embarrassed and mumbled about how I smelled good.  Kay...

It didn't stop.  Dude will get right next to me when I am in line or anywhere near him.  And not in a of a few feet away...he often is closer to me then my own OH.  He has several times complimented me on my perfume, asking what it is so he could buy it for his girlfriend.  I did, he did...he's told me it just doesn't smell the same.

And it doesn't stop at school, lol.  I live in a small town, so I see him at the gas station or grocery store and it's just as bad.  He did turn into a client, though, and comes first thing in the morning when my perfume is stronger. 

He hasn't gotten the nerve to actually ask me out, although he's hinted at it heavily.  In front of my OH, my DD, his DD and the pastor of the church my in laws go to (and I live next door to).  I scare him, and that's not being funny, he's asked my daughter if I was always scary.  (My daughter, who also has a good RBF replied "Only on Tuesdays.")

And yes, this is all over my perfume.

wrenkins

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2019, 07:35:09 AM »
I follow people who wear L'eau D'Issey.  :( Not very far or for very long because that would be really weird.  :ninja:
Also I do surreptitious sniffing...so that's alright then.  :S
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Acorn

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2019, 08:26:52 AM »
Another surreptitious sniffer here.  Not a stalker though, honest!  There is a pipe tobacco that could almost make me into one though (and this from a cigarette hater!) 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2019, 09:16:16 AM »
I loooove perfume, just can't wear it near my nose. So, the back of my neck and my wrists it is.

Used to wear Chanel No5, but not lately.  My favourite by far is Givenchy No3, but it's out of print, I also have a limited edition one again no longer available.  So, I'm alternating between L'Esprit d'Oscar, and Givenchy Dahlia Divin (after their Dahlia Noir became unavailable!) Why do they do that?

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lowena

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2019, 10:14:44 AM »
I wear Jo Malone fragrances in rotation on a daily basis. Don't like old fashioned heavy scents.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

wrenkins

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2019, 10:16:57 AM »
I loooove perfume, just can't wear it near my nose. So, the back of my neck and my wrists it is.

Me too. I wear mens' EDT.  0_0 It's much lighter and less cloying. A CK one for daytime/casual and a Chanel for fancy/bed.  ;)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2019, 10:18:00 AM »
You get fancy... in bed??!! @wrenkins   :S :o
Triumph of hope over experience :D

wrenkins

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2019, 10:23:16 AM »
Oh very fancy Lowe. You've never seen my pyjamas!!!  0_0

Greybird

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2019, 10:27:32 AM »
I have been very lucky in that my daughter-in-law, who at one time worked for Clinique in a John Lewis store, has an abiding interest in fragrances (her word) and, although I'm not sure how or where from, buys and sells perfume and skincare. Money is often tight so we can usually count on perfume/aftershave for Christmases and birthdays. I have Coco Chanel at the moment and Elizabeth Ardern 5th Avenue and Green Tea for every day.

Missie

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2019, 12:09:57 PM »
Elizabeth Ardern 5th Avenue

Love this perfume.  It reminds me of my nan.  She wanted Red Door by EA and I tried the 5th Avenue one when looking for it for her. 

snoozi soozi

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2019, 14:01:42 PM »
You've all gone off on a tangent and started a whole new thread.
I like pretty much all perfume but I don't wear it much anymore but I have a couple on the go - Chloe Love Story and Miss Dior.
Tried all different in the past, I tend to like Gucci more than others but always forget which, until I go searching, usually at airports.
My oldest friend wears it every day and I love giving her a hug she smells divine  ;)
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew