The Sewing Place

love notions laundry day tee

sewmuchmore

love notions laundry day tee
« on: March 23, 2019, 09:15:12 AM »
 I fall between the sizes and the advice given on pattern is to go smaller but it doesn't say how much ease is included other than a couple of inches at the waist and hips. I thought I might have been able to grade by printing the 2 sizes but when i tick the sizes I want it just prints one of them.Can anyone tell me how much ease is included in the bust?
I am planning to make the dress version.
If all else fails I will print the 2 sizes separately stick them together and then grade.

The pattern is sized s m l etc. and there is 4 inch between the sizes.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Fiona M

Re: love notions laundry day tee
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 10:00:25 AM »
Would think you could get an idea from the measurement of the pattern piece, try comparing it with a tee that fits you well.  I’d just print off the larger size and grade downwards where necessary.  But then I suppose I’m a bit lazy!

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 10:12:43 AM »
I’ve made about 6 of these.. the amount of ease does depend on your fabric. I used a 95% cotton 5% Lycra and there is almost no ease around the bust... another couple were made from different fabrics and there was a couple of inches ease. I found it to be quite fitted.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 11:44:20 AM »
I can't remember what size I used, but I found the armholes and sleeves way too tight for my generous arms.  They had apparently revised it to make the armholes bigger, but it still wan't any good for me.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 18:07:10 PM »
@Efemera thanks for info. I am going for the larger size, I can always take if too big. As the fabric I have in mind was very (by my standards) expensive I will try on some cheapo stuff I have first.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet