The Sewing Place

Jenna Cardigan

UttaRetch

Re: Jenna Cardigan
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 13:51:51 PM »
I've had my eye on the Jenna muse cardigan and have seen some great versions.

I am interested in the waist length version with full sleeves.  However, as with wrap dresses, I am always on the look out for other patterns.  -<

Vezelay

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2020, 20:06:01 PM »
@Vezelay if you do use this pattern, I found the armholes quite small  - I reshaped them and the sleeve heads using the Lark tee pattern pieces which I know are right for me.

Thanks for the reminder Ploshkin. So many indie pattern armholes are uncomfortably small that I always measure them now and often reshape. I've wasted three great pieces of fabric (not to mention sewing hours) by assuming "my size" would fit me. Good idea to combine the armholes of a pattern you know fits well.

Both yours must be the shorter variation of the Jenna - not sure which I'll make yet. I even checked Stoff and Stil for your blue fabric but it's long gone. :'(

Ploshkin

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 20:50:16 PM »
@Vezelay the two I made are the longer version.
Life's too short for ironing.

Vezelay

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 22:28:33 PM »
Ah right. I was just going by the number of buttons/poppers. Still can't get my head round the half metre. And I thought I was canny with pattern placement. Obviously I'm not trying hard enough!

Updated to confess I've only gone and bought the pattern  :). Plenty of half metre remnants in my stash...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 23:15:16 PM by Vezelay »

Ploshkin

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2020, 07:48:32 AM »
That blue /green fabric seemed to be particularly wide and I managed to squeeze the sleeves in beside the rest.  Also, I didn't use the same fabric fir the bottom band or cuffs.  I think they were very generous with the 1.5m.  The back length of my green one is about 54cm
I had 1.5m for the purple one.

jen

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2020, 09:10:53 AM »
Thanks for the snaps tip. I have one cardi that's been hanging around for ages for lack of snaps that don't fall off.

Ploshkin

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2020, 09:34:40 AM »
@jen I did have an issue with the bottom snap as there is more strain on it and it pulled through the back.  I reinforced behind it with a small piece of woven fabric and its been fine since.