The Sewing Place

La Sewista - Next Level Sewing

b15erk

La Sewista - Next Level Sewing
« on: March 29, 2019, 09:42:37 AM »
I love this blog, and Bunny is so good at passing on knowledge that I thought it worth re-visiting the link.

Her blog has been extensively updated, and she has paid particular attention to what she calls the Next Level Sewing 'written and directed for the newer or returning sewist who is ready for the mentoring that can provide a strong foundation to their next level of sewing skills and challenges'.

Lots of other information on here, tutorials, book reviews, and her exploration of fabric painting etc.

Worth a look if you haven't tried this blog before.

https://lasewist.blogspot.com/

Jessie
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:40:11 PM by b15erk »
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Efemera

Re: La Sewista - Next Level Sewing
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 12:09:42 PM »
Love Bunny’s blog.. I’ve been following for a number of years. She makes some beautiful things, though it does help that she’s slim and petite.. no fitting of roundy bits

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 12:26:20 PM »
Thanks for posting that link - looks like some interesting browsing later on.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 12:39:58 PM »
Don't know where that's come from!  User error!  :|

Jessiee
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 14:40:42 PM »
Gosh I haven’t looked at her blog for ages but agree she’s really good. 

Marniesews

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 00:22:49 AM »
She's definitely a favourite but I haven't seen it since before the reorganisation. A timely reminder for a revisit. Thank you.  :D
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Manuela

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 02:04:32 AM »
I love bunny, she used to be a very active member of the old Stitcher’s Guild forum - pre chrash and the following nonsense. Thanks for posting this, I almost forgot she has a blog.

Gernella

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 15:10:17 PM »
I also liked her blog.  I seem to remember she stopped posting for a bit.  Nice to see her back with new ideas.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included