The Sewing Place

What would YOU do with this fabulous fabric ????

Iminei

What would YOU do with this fabulous fabric ????
« on: March 29, 2019, 16:47:33 PM »
Just found this Fantastic fabric and am wondering what YOU would do with it if it was yours ,Darksiders and lightsiders both .....

Cat and glasses for scale only ... They are not part of the fabric!

linky
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

Re: What would YOU do with this fabulous fabric ????
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 16:50:18 PM »
You are joking, aren't you @Iminei  I wouldn't give it houseroom dahling  :ninja: It's awful.... imho  ;)
Aaaaand the spelling is American!!  :S A big no-no in this household!!! :devil:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 17:02:12 PM »
I agree with @Lowena but if I had to use it the big squares would be a tote bag for painting/art stuff and the smaller ones might be sketch book covers.  Both of those items are prone to getting paint splodges, ink stains or charcoal smudges on them. :ninja:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Holly Berry

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 17:12:50 PM »
Made into cover for art folder?
Procrastination get behind me

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 17:49:24 PM »
So many wrong (American) spellings of colour -  >< :angry: :x

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 18:04:45 PM »
Not my cup of tea.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 19:07:51 PM »
Not my cup of tea either but if I had to use it it would be for bags. 

Yellowfeather

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 19:15:00 PM »
I love it!!  I think i would frame it and use it on the wall.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 21:30:01 PM »
Full skirted dress in a plain solid colour.  Cut up the adverts and applique around the skirt. Maybe use a couple of the larger ones as pockets. Short sleeves, pick out one of the colours for cuffs and buttons. Kapow!
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

BrendaP

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 00:00:06 AM »
I think that @Iminei 's disappearing photos are about right in this instance  :x  I also think that my guess of timed self destruction is right too.  I could see the photo this afternoon, but it's gone now other than through the 'linky'
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 04:17:44 AM »
Don't listen to 'em @Iminei  ! It's fabulous! Almost everything Janet Werker Frisch does is. These naysayers are just envious of you. The spelling looks fine to me.  ;)

What about some nice sewing room accessories, so you can enjoy these all the time? Machine cover, etc.
I also like T&T's dress idea. Or cut apart and re-pieced into a nice lap quilt just for you.  :cake:

I might need to get this. I'm surprised it's still available, as it came out in 2014  and most of them quickly vanish. I have the Sew Scarey Hallowe'en fabrics but haven't sewn up the bits yet. And several other panels. The 2019 Hallowe'en fabric line is to die for.  :ninja:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 09:24:40 AM »
Well I love it. I would probably make some type of waistcoat and use the individual patches to adorn it. @Iminei If you ever decide to sell I am first in line.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

BrendaP

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 09:28:03 AM »
I think that @Iminei 's disappearing photos are about right in this instance  :x  I also think that my guess of timed self destruction is right too.  I could see the photo this afternoon, but it's gone now other than through the 'linky'

Oh dear, I can see that piccie again. :devil:

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2019, 09:33:26 AM »
Well as it 'appens @sewmuchmore  I have got two panels and can lay my hands on another one .....
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2019, 09:33:54 AM »
Avert your eyes @BrendaP  you're far too delicate a flower to have your senses assuaged by such a horror  :devil:
Unfortunately, I can still see it too..... usually @Iminei 's pics disappear but this one is here forever.. to grossly haunt us  :x Yes it's truly worthy of the green emoji  :x
Triumph of hope over experience :D