Lilian

Re: PDF printing
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 15:27:24 PM »
@Efemera It would also be good for FPP  :) :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

Helen M

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 18:47:01 PM »
I saw this when I was searching for a finer paper for printing off PDFs. I wasn't sure if it was available in stores or only online. I'm coming to the end of a pack of Bank paper which is 50gsm.

A word of warning for printing off though, our printer mangled a few sheets so I only try to do a max of 4 at a time and it seems to work.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 18:56:08 PM »
I just shoved a load in and it was fine....it’s available instore and online... £3.99

Helen M

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 19:14:26 PM »
That's good to know Efemera. We got a new one a couple of months back and it does seem much better.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 10:40:46 AM »
Is it any good for tracing?  I still haven't found a good tracing paper...

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

StitchinTime

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 11:07:17 AM »
@Efemera Thanks for this - I went shopping yesterday and got a pack for when the bank paper found at work from years ago runs out.

@b15erk I have some A4 40 gsm paper that I got for printing PDF but unfortunately the printer doesn't like it. If you want to try it for tracing, let me have your address and I will send you some.

Elnnina

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 13:00:47 PM »
Jessie you have asked about tracing paper.  Sure-Fit Designs do something called Tracing Vellum, and they have a UK rep called Judith Johnson who is in the Bicester, Oxfordshire  area of the UK.  Go onto the Sure-Fit Designs website and look for the UK website, and Judith will have listed all the products and prices that she has.  Maybe expensive, but I like this, and of course it comes in a nice sturdy tube.  Around September time or thereabouts quite often there is an offer on to buy one roll and to get another roll half price.  Postage is quite a bit, but then isn’t everything.

b15erk

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 13:24:58 PM »
@Elnnina, thank you so much for the suggestion, but if it is the same kind of thing that @Francesca linked to, I didn't like it very much. It was too stiff for me.

SiTime has kindly offered to send me some to try, so, fingers crossed!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ellabella

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 13:42:13 PM »
I wouldn't bother with the tracing vellum from Sure-Fit. It is exactly this product which can be bought on Amazon.

I use this for all my tracing along with a fineliner and it's great. It's quite brittle if you catch it on an edge but my patterns have held up multiple foldings, pressings and tracings.

If you don't often trace up long skirts or wide pieces you can try the narrower width.

That’s good to know @Francesca , I’ve just bought this and was a little worried that it was going to prove too brittle. Beautiful to trace with though.

Puzzler

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2019, 18:56:44 PM »
Thank you @Efemera. I mail ordered some of the lightweight paper and just printed a PDF using it. Much better than the heavier paper. Will be much easier to fold and store patterns.

Vezelay

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 12:01:04 PM »
I've just used this stuff to print a pdf pattern using my 5 year old Canon inkjet. Nice quality - all the sheets went through beautifully in one go, no sticking or mangling. You get 500 sheets so it works out cheaper than Ryman's if you're a magpie for pdf patterns  ;). And the paper's fine enough to use a glue stick which also reduces bulk.

Efemera

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 12:25:26 PM »
Bookmarked

Puzzler

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 14:59:37 PM »
Thanks, @Vezelay. It’s been added to my Amazon craft wish list for when I run out of the Ryman’s.

charlotte

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2019, 16:03:34 PM »
Is it any good for tracing?  I still haven't found a good tracing paper...

I like Swedish tracing paper, but it is quite pricey.