The Sewing Place

Strange thing happened - Sew Today

Gernella

Strange thing happened - Sew Today
« on: April 04, 2019, 13:31:04 PM »
I like Palmer Pleitsch interfacing and the new website does not have it on.  I have managed to get some on Ebay but not the colour I wanted.  Anyway today I was looking on the Sew Today website, nothing on, then thought I would do a search, and up  the page popped.  Swore a couple of times for not doing it earlier, noticed that there was £1.50 charge because under £25, and went to pay via Paypal Express.  It asked what postage I wanted and free was shown. So course chose free.  It has gone through at £12 and I've got a receipt.  <3
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Greybird

Re: Strange thing happened - Sew Today
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 14:03:39 PM »
I don't think they know whether they are coming or going. Having cancelled my subscription weeks ago, I received the most recent copy of the magazine.

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 14:56:24 PM »
Same here @Greybird, don't think they know their a***e from their elbow, but I'm not complaining, they've never answered any email I've sent so it would be a waste of time.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 16:40:20 PM »
Searches under pattern number or name of designer don't always find all the patterns and their new release pages are often not right. It's a pity as they are the main supplier of patterns in the UK but they will be losing money if they can't get it sorted and we don't want them to disappear!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Greybird

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 22:36:55 PM »
@Francesca - perhaps you could offer them your services on a consultancy basis for a fat fee?

Gernella

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 18:25:25 PM »
Well another magazine received from Sew Today (foc).  I wonder how long before the penny drops that I've cancelled the ddm.

Efemera

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 18:56:53 PM »
I don’t know if I paid a one off sub or an ongoing one...I can’t find any info in my account either.

Greybird

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 22:39:34 PM »
Me too. I received another one today.

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 09:25:51 AM »
You can imagine how useful that site would have been to me on my 0.2 to 0.7mbps broadband a couple of years ago.  (We have satellite now, the only thing available that is better than the previous speed.)

I am fanatical about making webpages as neat and compact as they can be!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 09:58:36 AM »
Yes it's a pity about Sew Direct. I stopped subscribing some years ago and only order from the website in one of their (now rare) flash sales. But there's no excuse for having the website so cr*ppy.

Tamnymore

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2019, 22:21:28 PM »
I ordered a Kwiksew pattern from them a few days ago. I would have happily bought it at Jaycotts or Abakhan in person but the pattern is from the latest release and no one else has it yet. I think that's probably the only advantage of Sewdirect now - the fact that they get the new pattern releases before anyone else in the UK.

Tamnymore

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 11:33:46 AM »
I ordered the pattern on 28th May and it hasn't arrived yet (though the post hasn't yet arrived  today). In the past, patterns have always arrived from them well within a week - except maybe during flash sales when they are clearly extra busy. It may say something about dispatch times on their website so would be worth querying if your delivery is longer than their advertised times.