The Sewing Place

New Indiesew jacket pattern

Vezelay

New Indiesew jacket pattern
« on: April 09, 2019, 11:24:38 AM »
It's this, the Monarch jacket which looks like a cross between a bomber jacket and a cardi. There's 15% off if you subscribe to the Indiesew newsletter. This one's right up my street - a quick, easy make that looks super-comfortable and versatile. When I recover from my upcoming second cataract op and my elbow wire removal surgery I'm definitely making a couple of these!

BrendaP

Re: New Indiesew jacket pattern
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 12:13:44 PM »
Not really my style but it looks to be an easy to make, easy to wear jacket.  Kust use a few more fastenings on the front (one is definitely needed at full bust level) and make them evenly spaced.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 12:38:07 PM »
I dont like the big band on the bottom, I’ve made the Lisbon cardigan with that neckline, it’s easy to construct but I’m not a fan

Vezelay

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 13:18:25 PM »
I dont like the big band on the bottom, I’ve made the Lisbon cardigan with that neckline, it’s easy to construct but I’m not a fan

This has a bomber jacket collar @Efemera - I don't think the Lisbon cardigan has. I've made a couple of bomber jackets and a couple of Toaster 1's which have a similar wide waist and sleeve bands and get lots of compliments so I reckon a mash up could work.

@BrendaP Good point - an extra snap fastener wouldn't go amiss.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 15:05:22 PM by Vezelay »