The Sewing Place

Grand Opening

C3PO

Grand Opening
« on: February 26, 2017, 21:56:35 PM »
I have been advised by the system administrator that, and I quote, "everything nearly seems to sort of work". We will therefore be opening our doors properly at 08:00 hours on Wednesday 1st March at which point all the members who have registered but not yet be able to post will be able to use the forum.
Be excellent to one another

Iminei

Re: Grand Opening
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 07:24:58 AM »
March 1st 2017, 7:15 am .....
and I'm pacing around an empty forum, waiting for all my friends to arrive!!

Sadly I won't be here when the early birds come through our doors...
(I mean ... work??!! Today???!!! Really??!!)

so I just want to say

A Big thank you

to all of you who helped us make this happen and ...

Go, Explore, Enjoy!!!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:26:53 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Vegegrow

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 08:01:36 AM »
Well done everyone... sorry your not here at the grand opening but we'll keep the champagne chilled for you... I'm only around for a bit as I have a dentist appointment this morning speak to you later
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

twopence

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 08:08:12 AM »
I'm here. Looking forward to populating this forum and watching it grow. A big cheer to those who worked hard to make it happen.

fajita

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 08:13:12 AM »
Hello. Congratulations on the new site.
I've got five minutes then off to work, so don't break it whilst I'm gone.
Whoop whoop, party time!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 08:34:18 AM »
Ooh, did someone mention champagne?Thanks to all involved for their work in producing this new forum, it's very much appreciated.
I'll be taking a proper stroll around once I struggle out of my warm cosy duvet... (with apologies to those who have to get up and go to work!)

Catllar

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »
I'm here in ze foreign parts!  Yes and the champagne is in the fridge but it's a bit early perhaps even for me!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 08:53:59 AM »
Hi All!!  ;D

I'm wandering round with a plate of canapes and a bottle of champagne. 

Lovely to see you!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Kittensposies

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 09:17:02 AM »
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm here!  (In spirit, at least - in body I am at work. Boo.)

SO exciting to have a forum back!

Most enormous thanks for making this happen.

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 09:17:19 AM »
Hello everyone.
I raise my (virtual, alas) glass of champagne in salute to you all and in grateful thanks to all of you who made this happen. It looks fantastic!  :). and cool!  8)
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

maliw

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 09:26:33 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm now back, great to see you all and a big thank you to Iminei, Mr Iminei and Fran. Happy days are here again ;D
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

rubywishes

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »
Alrighty then...not sure about the time difference between me "over here" and you lot "over there" but I'm here and waving! ;D
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Ellabella

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 09:33:11 AM »
Another one here with Champers, it never to early to party!

Thanks Fran and the Imineis, long may this party continue.

sewing in oz

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 09:58:10 AM »
Glad to come to the party!  Not too early for champers here  ;D  Thanks to everyone who made it happen.  Now to explore, glass in hand.

sewing in oz

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 10:01:42 AM »
Alrighty then...not sure about the time difference between me "over here" and you lot "over there" but I'm here and waving! ;D
  Hi Rubywishes - I just discovered that under "Profile" you can select local time, and the function to auto-detect the time difference did work.