The Sewing Place

Quilt and Stitch Village, Uttoxeter

Pearl

Quilt and Stitch Village, Uttoxeter
« on: April 13, 2019, 13:26:20 PM »
I'm toying with the idea of going to this event tomorrow.  A quick search reveals that Lilian attended last year.  Would you recommend it, @Lilian ?  Has anyone else been? 

Lilian

Re: Quilt and Stitch Village, Uttoxeter
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 17:50:07 PM »
Sorry@Pearl, I have been offline until now. I enjoyed it, the displays were fabulous. I hope, if you went that you found it worthwhile  :)

P.S. I didn't know it was on or I may have gone
Willing but not always able :)

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 21:26:21 PM »
Been offline, @Lilian ?  Not been on TSP?  I don't understand.   :P

I did go and am glad I did, although I don't think I'd go again.  It's just a little bit too far. 

I have seriously fallen out with my sat-nav which took me on the M6 Toll, although I asked her to avoid toll roads and was telling me to turn round as I was driving into the car park.

Some amazing quilts on display.  Several interesting ideas, but I didn't come home with any new projects.   :)  I did a workshop on Colour, which was interesting.  (I wanted to do 'Monoprinting and handstitching' but it was full.)  I bought some fabric (including a fat quarter which turned out to be 1/2m).  So all in all, an enjoyable day.

Lilian

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 22:09:53 PM »
@Pearl , my laptop is playing up so only have my dodgy old iPad, but have been busy and not online much.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though  :). Satnavs can be a pain, and that m6 toll is not worth it, fortunately I come from the other direction. Did you get any pics of the quilts?

Pearl

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 22:12:43 PM »
I took the camera but didn't take any pics.   :S

Lilian

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 22:19:25 PM »
I did the same last year  :S