The Sewing Place

Burdastyle T shirt

Ploshkin

Burdastyle T shirt
« on: April 13, 2019, 18:42:01 PM »
Thankyou @b15erk for drawing attention to this pattern.  (126 02/2013) You made that lovely white one and much as I dislike pdfs I  liked the pattern so I downloaded it.  I just tried it out in a bit of leftover t shirt fabric but will definitely use the pattern again with some nicer fabric.  I wear t shirt type things an awful lot and it's nice to have a style with a bit of a difference.  I think the long sleeved version would look good too.
The only thing I was unsure of was that in the absence of any pattern markings I didn't know if the gathering was supposed to go from the notch all the say to the top of the sleeves.  I stopped the gathering an inch or so short of the top on the backs but when I did the front that made too much gathering for the space so I did it all the way to the top.  I can't see the back but I have an inkling that it needs the gathers all the way as that forms part of the rounded shoulder.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Life's too short for ironing.

Catllar

Re: Burdastyle T shirt
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 21:28:07 PM »
That's pretty smart! I likes it. <3
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

snoozi soozi

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 08:51:30 AM »
That is well nice @Ploshkin, not plain at all  :loveit:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

SkoutSews

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 12:24:26 PM »
That's a nice style, it's always good to have something a bit different in a t-shirt. As always with your makes, Plosh, it's very neat and precisely sewn.

Missie

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 08:05:55 AM »
I really like this.  I like a t-shirt that is a bit fancy.  Beautifully sewn.