The Sewing Place

Double CoverStitch

Canarybird

Double CoverStitch
« on: April 14, 2019, 13:17:53 PM »
Are there any domestic machines which are capable of producing a coverstitch on both sides of the fabric? I really like this look.

Kad

Re: Double CoverStitch
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 14:17:02 PM »
 @Canarybird    Yes, I have one. It's a Brother CV3350 and I've had it about 4 weeks now.
I went into Jaycotts with the intention of trying out a Janome coverpro, as I've always had Janome machines but the Brother had the option of a ' top coverstitch' and had seam markings printed on the bed AND came with a clear foot included, ( an extra £25 on the Janome!). It was £100 more expensive but I've used it on woven and 3 types of jersey fabric and only had to adjust the foot pressure when sewing a lightweight jersey. Everything else is set as it came from the supplier. So far it's been dead easy to use.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 14:25:01 PM by Kad »
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Canarybird

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 15:43:37 PM »
That’s interesting because I don’t think even the top of the range BabyLock model does that. I have studied the stitch chart for the two top BabyLocks and they don’t seem to show that type of stitch. Unless anyone knows any different?

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 16:18:45 PM »
No... the Brother is the only domestic machine that does top and bottom

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 17:11:31 PM »
I tried that Brother a year or more ago, and ended up sending it back as it just wouldn't release the fabric, despite following instructions very carefully and looking on t'internet too.

Interesting to read you find yours ok, @Kad , I may have to look into them again...

Nuttywife59

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 12:29:42 PM »
I have the Brother one it does take while to get the hang of getting the material out at the end I tries all different  ways until I got the hang of it. It has got easier to release the fabric he more it's got used. I use a dental pick to pull the needle threads out to the front under the foot as well as turning the wheel.