The Sewing Place

Janome Memory Craft 9000 embroidery cards

Peaofsweetness

Janome Memory Craft 9000 embroidery cards
« on: April 15, 2019, 23:20:29 PM »
Well I’ve just bought a second hand machine.  I would really like to do some embroidery but it didn’t come with any cards.  There was a box for designing your own embroidery, but I’m pretty sure the software will be far too outdated.  Where can I buy some cards?  Which ones fit this machine?  Any hints and tips would be so helpful! Thank you

Morgan

Re: Janome Memory Craft 9000 embroidery cards
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 00:54:52 AM »
Search for 'Embroidery Memory Card Janome 9000'

Ebay is the most likely place to find some.  Not many available in the UK, more available in USA and then Australia.

Two memory cards came as standard with the machine.  The file format is .SEW and whilst there was an extensive range of memory cards created, they were always quite expensive. 

My 9000 is still going strong although and I still love using it - beautiful stitch quality.
About rewritable cards and kits-
Several Years ago I did look into finding a read / write card kit but there were none other than the ones that were used with the Customiser 2000 software .  Finding a blank re/writable card to use was like searching for hens teeth.
Eventually, I acquired the right kit and set about working with the legacy software with Windows 7.  A key issue was how to slow down the transfer rate of a modern computer to match the maximum the card reader/writer could handle.  Another was to keep an old computer going to run the software.  (When I got a different machine for embroidery, I passed on the read/write card kit to another 9000 owner.)
I hope that you manage to find a set of compatible kit, but do be aware that it probably won't work with a modern computer.

Missie

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 10:45:02 AM »
@Peaofsweetness   Just seen your other post as well and though I'd reply on here.

I hope you can get her working properly as it is a fantastic machine; the stitch quality if beautiful.  I miss mine :'(.

I think I have a couple of cards and I certainly have the original software, still in its box unused somewhere (never got round to using the embroidery part properly).  I'll have a look and see what I have and come back to you.

Peaofsweetness

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 11:43:34 AM »
Thanks Missie x keeping my fingers crossed!

Peaofsweetness

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 17:11:53 PM »
Hoping you find your 9000 items Missie xxx.

In the meantime I’ve gone through the box of goodies that came with the machine.  I had four hoops, only one of the cards that came with the machine , the Janome scanner and software, a clothsetter (whatever that is) and a number of empty boxes which was obviously quite misleading.  Do far I have the machine running and I’ve done a monogram!