The Sewing Place

Suddenly its go, go go

Iminei

Re: Suddenly its go, go go
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2019, 07:47:15 AM »
Just to let you know, No youre not going mad,  Ive merged three topics (all relating to this) into one ...  :devil:

All pics in the album
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2019, 17:16:32 PM »
So todays progress on the projects ....

The Wedding Quilt

I think as of yesterday I was 3 HSTs short of my required total, well today I moved some fabric and found a small stack of 10 HST's sewn but not trimmed ... so  thats all good! I now have to make the small all colour HSTs for the two hearts. I dont know why I have been procrastinating ... Ah well maybe tomorrow!

The Cot Quilt

The photo printed fabric arrived this morning which gave me a clear instruction of what to work on.
The backing is now pieced and tho' the light turquoise has not that much to do with the front of the quilt I hope it will be ok .... Ive also cut and pieced the binding which will be in the light turquoise too.

Im also going to add a small tag label sewn into the binding too with my congratulations to Emma and her Husband Elliot, my name and the date.

And thats what I've being doing today.

Iminei

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2019, 09:20:16 AM »
Yesterday I managed the 1st heart ...

But I am now struggling with the green .. probably not enough colours .. so Im going to have another go today.

@BrendaP  How would you place the HST's ... all in the same orientation? Higgeldy Piggeldy ?? Or ???

linky

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 19:59:56 PM by Iminei »

Iminei

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2019, 20:03:14 PM »
Im confused I thought I had posted ... seeable ... pics of both hearts yesterday ... Ah well the ghost in the machine

linky

Two hearts done and I have to get on with the quarters now ... Has anyone an opinion on how to place the HST's ???

Iminei

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2019, 16:40:32 PM »

Q: Which label do we like best please????

Linky

snoozi soozi

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2019, 16:45:18 PM »
Created for Juno....
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Pearl

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2019, 16:51:43 PM »
I agree with Snoozi.

Iminei

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2019, 17:10:47 PM »
Im leaning to that one myself ... but I would like more opinions, makes me feel less like Im in isolation.

Does anybody know how to cut the very lil joining threads between the letters of individual words, the ones that are very tight ?????

Lowena

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2019, 17:19:04 PM »
Top one deffo for me
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Greybird

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2019, 18:04:20 PM »
Created for Juno.

Celia

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2019, 19:06:16 PM »
Im leaning to that one myself ... but I would like more opinions, makes me feel less like Im in isolation.

Does anybody know how to cut the very lil joining threads between the letters of individual words, the ones that are very tight ?????

I like the top one best.   You can cut the jump stitches on the top, I use small curved embroidery scissors.
Which stabiliser do you want more of? @Iminei

Kenora

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2019, 00:38:15 AM »
The top one. <3
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Missie

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2019, 12:53:50 PM »
The first one for me too.  With regards to the stitches between the letters, you should just be able to snip them off, close to the letters; there is normally a locking stitch at the end and start of each letter which prevents it all unravelling.

Kitten

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2019, 14:47:54 PM »
Top one for me.

Iminei

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2019, 16:00:06 PM »
@Missie .....  I find it hard getting the scissors in between the letters and, as they are supersharppointy ones, run the risk (Hell ... lets just admit it, its happened before on other labels) of snipping/tearing/poking through the fabric itself.