You have some very lucky friends. This is a stunning quilt  :loveit:

Stitches

Re: Suddenly its go, go go
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2019, 06:45:10 AM »
Iminei Its stunning

Iminei

« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2019, 07:26:34 AM »
Thanks Girls, I have to put it together yet ...

Next decision .... Joining strips.

The vertical joining strips on the front are going to be alternate background fabrics, matching the backgrounds on either side ... Easy Peasy!

The Horizontal strips are giving me a bit more of a quandary....

Should I use the background fabrics?
Alternate background fabrics ?
Blue or green fabrics?
Blue or green fabrics matching one of the two in the middle 'arrows'?
If I did that, would it give the HST's a wonky look ??

The reverse joining strips will be the pale green backing fabric.

Any ideas, suggestions, opinions ????

In other news ...

I've just had a play and pinning the binding on to the backing fabric less portion of the bottom of the quilt it covered the wadding showing on the reverse with ease ... a nice chunky half inch of binding showing on the front !!! Woo Hoo!!!

Linky
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sheilago

« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2019, 08:00:12 AM »
Imi, this quilt is gorgeous and your quilting is sooooo perfect! The colours are beautiful.  Really looking forward to seeing photos of it all together. They’ll love it!

rubywishes

« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2019, 11:57:32 AM »
And that means that the apez of the triangle to the centre of the hypotenuse is just....
Brain hurting  :S

Im, your quilt, as usual, is a beautiful work of art and detail. Can you tell me what length your quilting stitches are?
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Iminei

« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2019, 12:54:08 PM »
Decision made ... Grey all the way Phew!

3.5 stitch length, hon x

Iminei

« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2019, 14:12:17 PM »
Two Halves done ...

and I have stopped for the day as I need to make and attach the label before it gets too cumbersome. 
That will be next weeks job!

rubywishes

« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2019, 14:38:42 PM »
Oh it's going to be an absolute STUNNER! <3
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)

b15erk

« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2019, 15:11:54 PM »
@Iminei , it actually looks as if it sparkles!

Beautiful!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Iminei

« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2019, 15:49:07 PM »
The WQ continues apace ... Today I tackled The Label.

Elvis performed brilliantly (as usual) and the Valentines box of delights yielded exactly the right colour of thread for the job!

Yes, the stitching shows through on the other side but I think its ok and a very small part of a very large quilt so wont stick out ... if you know what I mean.

Next will be joining the two halves and then binding ... also with a blanket stitch which I hope will behave a lil better than today ... Maybe a clean beforehand?!

linky

maliw

« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2019, 16:53:13 PM »
Just caught up with this, @Iminei , the quilt is glorious, it really does sparkle. Give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

fajita

« Reply #161 on: July 07, 2019, 17:05:27 PM »
IT is gorgeous.

Iminei

« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2019, 16:19:06 PM »
Wedding Quilt

Another label made and the binding now attached, turned to the front and pinne clipped in place. I thank Kwaacked every time I bind a quilt now for making it a pain free process.

The extra wide binding covers the backing fabric less portion of the reverse with ease, so no worries there  0_0 ... I do love an extra wide binding!!

I shall leave it that way so it gets used to its new position in the world before I stitch it down, probably using quite a large  decorative blanket stitch in the variegated pastel thread that's on the reverse.

OMG Its nearly done! Woo Hoo!

rubywishes

« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2019, 09:08:27 AM »
I thank Kwaacked every time I bind a quilt now for making it a pain free process.

Oooo I must've missed that while I was "away"......can you enlighten me please?

Iminei

« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2019, 20:07:11 PM »
Kwaacked was my Secret Santa and part of her gift was a tin of clippy things

A beautifully gift wrapped case of (what Im reliably told are) Bingolar Sewing Clips ....

Now, although I have seen these once before, I have never actually used them so it will be fun working out what to do with them ...

add to that some new flower-headed pins, (of which I regularly need new recruits) and the badly behaved behemoth of wadding, (not shown as it wanted to swamp everything else in the pic) .... 

and I feel very spoiled , Thank you so much Kwwaacked, stuff like pins (along with blades and new needles) are always the last things I will buy for myself for some reason so they will come in very handy.

There was also a book on miniature Japanese quilts which arrived in February.

I had never used the clips before but I wouldnt be without them now ... Pain free binding! Bliss!