The Sewing Place

ISO - Pfaff computerised current (or slightly older) model

annieeg

ISO - Pfaff computerised current (or slightly older) model
« on: March 27, 2019, 15:09:54 PM »
I've sold my Pfaff Select 3.2 and am now on an active search for a computerised Pfaff if anyone has one they would like to sell.

Gernella

Re: ISO - Pfaff computerised current (or slightly older) model
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 15:03:44 PM »
I've sold my Pfaff Select 3.2

I hope you don't do what I did, offered and sold a Pfaff Select 2 because I didn't use it much, sold it, as it was a collection I thought I had better familiarise myself with it in case she wanted me to show her how etc.  Half way through I thought to myself, this machine is quite good, why they heck am I selling it, solid reliable etc.  Had to let it go and then around 4/5 weeks later I bought the Select 4, although now I have IDT and really good needle threader.

Fortunately as far as DH is concerned, all machines look  the same to him.  It really is a good machine and certainly gets used more.  I just wish it had more needle positions.

I shall keep a sharp eye out for a bargain.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

annieeg

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 17:28:36 PM »
I liked the 3.2 but want something that has stop/start  auto cutting and more bells and whistles.
I'm in a dilemma though because my main machine is a janome atelier 5 but it doesn't have the accuflex  feature (equivalent to pfaff IDT ).
The janome 8900 does have it and I've seen one on ebay at a good price but I would need to sell the atelier 5 ( because to have both would be very greedy :ninja:),
So do I go for pfaff or janome?
Or just stick with the atelier.... :\

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 10:00:33 AM »
Pembertons have got  Pfaff Quilt Expression 4 at £795, don't know whether it has all your criteria.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Canarybird

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 09:17:26 AM »
[Edited by Acorn]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 10:52:52 AM by Acorn »

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 10:54:02 AM »
@Canarybird Please read the selling guidelines, which are at the top of this forum - here.

"Please do not post anything for sale unless you have been a member for at least 2 weeks, AND have made at least 25 posts."
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Morgan

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 21:15:31 PM »
I liked the 3.2 but want something that has stop/start  auto cutting and more bells and whistles.
I'm in a dilemma though because my main machine is a janome atelier 5 but it doesn't have the accuflex  feature (equivalent to pfaff IDT ).
The janome 8900 does have it and I've seen one on ebay at a good price but I would need to sell the atelier 5 ( because to have both would be very greedy :ninja:),
So do I go for pfaff or janome?
Or just stick with the atelier.... :\
If you like the logic and intuitive feel of the way Janome computerised machines are set up, before you buy a computerised Pfaff, I recommend strongly that you have a thorough test drive to see if the machine is a good fit for you and the way you sew before considering buying.  It's a feel for thing and it does seem to matter. 
Also check whether you can get along with the manual, some are more user friendly than others.

Owners who get along with computerised Pfaffs do love them and often prefer them over other brands, but if the machine has a wide range of features and settings it helps a lot if using it feels intuitive to you.