The Sewing Place

Sorting my sewing room come hobby room

Pam11

Sorting my sewing room come hobby room
« on: April 15, 2019, 12:14:37 PM »
    I've been chopping and changing my sewing room p/hobby room around for some while as it has to share with my dog grooming table (my own two dogs only, no hairs) and also my vintage dolls pram and newborn doll.
Being in a wheelchair my storage has to be on a lower level otherwise I have to ask hubby to reach it down...not always a good idea as I usually want something when he's not available and of course I want it there and then!
So between pinching a sideboard from another room to take my card making stash and tools as well as the end cupboard for the dogs parifinalia, some cute storage boxes on sale from diy shop and turning my computer desk into the sewing table with hubby adding on an extra length for a storage shelf I'm finally getting there.
The bright yellow paint is fantastic for reflecting the light all around the room
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 13:05:44 PM by Pam11 »

Ellabella

Re: Sorting my sewing room come hobby room
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 14:05:09 PM »
Well done @Pam11, geting your space to work well for you is so satisfying and really helps creativity.  Enjoy 0_0

Pam11

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 14:57:34 PM »
Thank you Ellabella. It really does...I will probably keep on tweaking but it works pretty well once I remove a few items and put them in my bedroom  :D
I have a start/stop button on my machine so no need for foot controls plus I have two old Singer hand crank sewing machines for when I feel nostalgic  0_0

Holly Berry

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 15:30:45 PM »
Great space. I really must tidy mine, which has to double as guest bedroom, fortunately not often.

I use my grooming table for cutting patchwork as it’s a better height than my cutting table, but that does get used daily for it’s proper purpose.
Procrastination get behind me

Pam11

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 17:17:08 PM »
I haven't done quilting thought my cousin in America are a dab hand at it it seems a daunting task to me....I couldn't manage to do a full size one I'd be lost in it forever  :)
I'm a wheelchair so hubby lowered my grooming table and it's a really great height for cutting out on as well as grooming my Shih Tzu and Bischon Frise  Mostly I seem to be looking across things while sitting down, it's a nice change to be able to see where exactly I'm cutting or marking  :D
My old computer desk is a good height for my sewing machine to be on.
I've just bathed and groomed my two so back to  :vintage: on Monday  :D

Flobear

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 17:43:34 PM »
Looks super, @Pam11 . I have recently vacated the conservatory which I have been using during the winter (I'm a hardy soul!) and need to get set up in the dining room so my machines are ready to use.
I wonder if there's anywhere here that people post pet pictures, it would be lovely to see your two. I have a Shih Tzu and my partner has a Westie.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ploshkin

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 19:00:14 PM »
I think there was a cat thread in the cafe some time ago @FloBear  No reason why there can't be a dog one - I do a lamb one each year.
Life's too short for ironing.

Pearl

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 20:15:17 PM »
 Go on, @FloBear .  Start a pet thread and we’ll all pile in and show you our “fur babies.” :x

Pam11

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 11:10:28 AM »
Looks super, @Pam11 . I have recently vacated the conservatory which I have been using during the winter (I'm a hardy soul!) and need to get set up in the dining room so my machines are ready to use.
I wonder if there's anywhere here that people post pet pictures, it would be lovely to see your two. I have a Shih Tzu and my partner has a Westie.

Wow wish I had one to use in the winter and summer lol.
What a great idea about the pooch page! I will post my two if one is set up.
I'm a member of a dog group and just for a bit of fun we do Christmas jumper/outfit and Easter bonnets....nothing is fantastic or outrageous as a lot are non sewing or craft in any way so it's just either shop bought or made up of bits from the pound shop  :D

Flobear

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 17:36:32 PM »
I'd rather have just one sewing room, @Pam11 , but I gave my 'den' to my partner as his man cave when he moved into my house  :o
Pet fred up and running in the Café.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Pam11

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 10:02:49 AM »
I can understand that as all the stash is to hand in one room isn't it  :D
Hubby has his cave and I have mine so we are both happy...the dogs own the lounge so they're happy to  :D
I will just grab a cuppa and go to the cafe