The Sewing Place

20% off Chrisanne Clover dance fabrics

Marniesews

20% off Chrisanne Clover dance fabrics
« on: April 15, 2019, 22:27:44 PM »
Not just lycra… all sorts of gorgeous occasion wear luxury fabrics. Use the EASTER1920 for 20% off everything. Take care, the prices are normally shown as VAT excl. but at least you can ignore that.

I was procrastinating (what a surprise) over which of their Last
Chance to buy Fabrics
when I was finally pushed into ordering  as tge danger of it being sold out (again). I'd put it off long enough for their Easter sale to have started which is only going to establish this bad habit for the future… 'just in case.'
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Efemera

Re: 20% off Chrisanne Clover dance fabrics
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 17:13:42 PM »
Just been looking at their embroidered motifs... £11 for a cherry blossom sprig...it’s 79p on AliExpress.

Marniesews

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 22:00:37 PM »
There certainly is a huge price difference @Efemera but there's a huge quality difference too. I only buy from them when I can get sale prices or buy from the Last Chance to Buy (Clearance) which is what I was ordering on this occasion. There's no mistaking the qualities when you compare the two but you can often get away with the cheaper ones, especially when viewed from a distance.

It's often the only way to get dye matches in different fabrics as required by juvenile dress regulations and if you want to make something that will survive lots of wear and have good resale values then the balance tends to change.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 08:54:02 AM »
I don’t know about quality but it’s identical..I’ve had a few embroidered bits from Ali and they were fine.