The Sewing Place

SWAKOP - Sewing With A Kind Of Plan - 1.05. - 31.10.2019

Ros

Re: SWAKOP - Sewing With A Kind Of Plan - 1.05. - 31.10.2019
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2019, 18:17:16 PM »
Swakop done but only awful photos in the Cheshire gloom. Garments that I think will be in are

BLUES
style arc fifi tousers
Style Arc Courtney top
Style Arc Adeline dress
Assembly line v-neck dress

BRIDGE
Butterick 6516 jacket mushroom/beige

BROWNS
Style arc fifi again
Scroop modern fantail skirt
SBCC Harvey shirt
Cashmerette montrose top

Hopefully there will be sun this weekend...

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2019, 21:42:09 PM »
Have not accomplished quite as much as hoped. Not quite throwing in the towel but it is getting might soggy.

First set back: my natural laziness and lack of energy. But, ah ha, recently learned there's a medical reason for it. No cure, but I have a reason which makes me feel slightly like less of a slouch. Next set back: I apparently used crummy old tape when I assembled the PDF patterns. They were mostly unstuck and the already cut patterns had to all be retaped and assembled again. Major time suck. Third setback: arms are aching.  Probably started up by redoing those bleeping patterns. PT spent a lot of time on my forearms and wrists earlier in the week.. Anyone been scraped? By a professional I mean. Ouch. Lovely bruises too.

I will have a few things to show for it but a full collection is doubtful. Either way, progress has been made. Having a full collection sewn then photos up as well in timely manor is probably not going to happen.

Congratulations on those who did finish.  :toast:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

renita

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2019, 04:48:29 AM »
Here's my entry for SWAKOP.

I didn't end up getting the last two garments done, so what I showed on the rack earlier is what has made the final cut - I have just managed 4 in each group, plus the bridging garment.

I don't tend to use commercial patterns, so can't give any references.  There are some descriptions of the groups on the photos, so I won't repeat myself.

Here are the photos of several of the looks I can generate from these garments.  They are also working in well with last year's collection, so I'm super happy.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

And here is the group photo - sorry, I haven't adjusted these for colour - they are more like the colours shown above than they are here.

Looking forward to the mini SWAKOPs for next year - while I still have a lot of stash fabric to get through, these last two major collections have filled up a lot of holes in my wardrobe, so I won't have such a pressing need for so many garments in future.  Glad I pushed myself to get it done, as I have been putting a lot of pressure on last year's garments - this group is already making a big difference.

Thanks Manuela and all the crew here at The Sewing Place.  Without you guys, I'd probably not have even managed to get my sewing machine out this year.  You're an inspiring bunch.   :D

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2019, 06:10:52 AM »
@renita nice work. I could wear that.  :D

@Manuela , don't be looking for any photos from me. Last weeks sewing staycay was a non starter. Pinched a nerve in my hip/leg on Monday then helping OH load up for his trip finished me off. The only time I was comfy was laying down.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

wrenkins

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2019, 08:01:30 AM »
Wow!  :o
If you're looking for inspirational just look in the mirror!
That's amazing!

Mini swaps here I come.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2019, 08:03:00 AM »
@renita just beautiful! So many options and a great set of shades for mixing together.

renita

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2019, 02:34:33 AM »
Thanks so much!  I thought it might look a bit boring - I like Ruthie's lovely prints in her collection.

@SewRuthieSews, I'm looking forward to seeing your final submission - I know you were wanting to get better light, or were having trouble with the rain, for the final garments?

And @Ros, also can't wait to see what your collection looks like.

@Renegade Sewist, so sorry to hear you've been unwell and that you didn't get as much sewing done as you'd hoped last week.  I'm glad you've made some progress, but frankly, when your body is telling you to rest, it'd be crazy to do anything else.  I hope you're on the mend soon.

@wrenkins - I think mini-swaps will be just the ticket for next year.  Of course, southern folk like myself might be out of season with many of our northern friends, but I reckon my winter collection could probably pass as an English 'summer' collection without too much trouble!   ;)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2019, 07:58:28 AM »
I've not tried again to take photos just put all the clothes away in the wardrobe.
I'll see what I can rustle up!

Ros

« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2019, 08:10:18 AM »
Great work and photo display Renita.

The sun came out at the weekend - and my didn't it show up the creases.

So will have a go again when I can face the iron. Here's the neckline of the assembly line dress though. Which is its mainfeature.

renita

« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2019, 20:41:02 PM »
@SewRuthieSews, you've already taken some great snaps of your collection.  Maybe it's enough now to just get the shot with them all together - or if you already have photos of the individual garments, just insert the individual images into a Power Point presentation or Word doc and arrange them, like I did with my hanger shots.

@Ros, beautiful work so far - I can already see your work has a much higher degree of difficulty than mine!  I can relate, regarding facing the iron.  More than half my pieces are 100% linen.  During sewing and on photo-shoot day are probably the only times the poor things will see an iron!  Is 'fashionably scrumpled' still a thing, or did it go out of vogue when Miami Vice ended? 

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2019, 07:49:21 AM »
@renita, yes rearranging the photos I have is the plan, should have a bit of time this evening.

Manuela

« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2019, 22:17:47 PM »
Good morning, please put tour submissions up by the end of today  :)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2019, 08:39:16 AM »
Good morning, please put tour submissions up by the end of today  :)
I've not taken any new pictures, so will just be using the ones I already took. I'll try to sort out today. (been rather busy with work/Christmas prep/choir etc)

Manuela

« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2019, 00:06:39 AM »
@SewRuthieSews, do you want me to wait for your submission, or do you want me to put your previous post with the images you too up as your entry?

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2019, 09:47:33 AM »
@SewRuthieSews, do you want me to wait for your submission, or do you want me to put your previous post with the images you too up as your entry?
@Manuela, yes please use the photos I posted earlier. Thank you.