The Sewing Place

Jackety things to wear over dressy dresses

Greybird

Re: Jackety things to wear over dressy dresses
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 16:43:35 PM »
I have used V8963

www.amazon.com/Vogue-Patterns-Misses-Jacket-Template/dp/B00GXASUI0

several times and it slides very nicely over dresses. Because it has just the one button in the front it doesn't seem to matter what the shape of the dress underneath is.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 16:55:54 PM »
Hi @Greybird thanks for that suggestion. It doesn't seem to be an easily available pattern currently, but the jacket shape looks very familiar and I should have something similar in stash....
Thank you

Sewingsue

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 17:26:13 PM »
Hi @Greybird thanks for that suggestion. It doesn't seem to be an easily available pattern currently, but the jacket shape looks very familiar and I should have something similar in stash....
Thank you
That is a pity. It looks a useful shape.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

SewRuthieSews

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 22:36:37 PM »
Righto I have a few thoughts... I'm not a fur stole kinda girl, I like jackets with sleeves.

So I am planning
a dressy coat in a dusky pink fabric (poly but looks like slubbed silk) M4394 coat
a dressy jacket in a burgundy brocade
a kimono jacket in a black and silver crinkle novelty knit (possibly reversible if I can work out how to do that nicely).
a cardigan in a light floral lace (white with meadow flowers)
a cardigan in wooly black lace sweater knit

This should let me create more formal or more casual outfits with the same two dresses.
I'm already OK for jewellery, bags and footwear.

Bring on the invites (but not until I've made at least one topper!)