Iminei

Re: Access Difficulty
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 16:01:24 PM »
Me too ... slow loading and occasional bad gateway message
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Missie

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2019, 09:46:10 AM »
I kept getting the "502 bad gateway" error code yesterday.  Gave up in the end!

Lowena

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2019, 09:51:26 AM »
Still the same this morning........ "I may be gone sometime" as it's taken me 20mins to get this far
Thanks for all your help Fran, sorry it's beyond your control.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Greybird

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2019, 09:55:17 AM »
Don't know if it's connected but when clicking on Unread topics>new it doesn't go into the thread it goes back to the main menu. Not a great drawback - I only mention it it case it's relevant.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2019, 12:13:13 PM »
I have the problem too. Hernibs PMd me and it hasn't come through.   Sometimes baulks, sometimes connects.
An idea: does anyone else have access to the server who might have a grudge?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 12:32:47 PM by toileandtrouble »
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

toileandtrouble

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2019, 14:36:01 PM »
This is the message I just got:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gridhost.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server erro
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Lowena

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2019, 14:38:47 PM »
I've just had the same message
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2019, 12:09:14 PM »
Site still seems exceptionally slow to me loading pages etc ... Is there anything more to be done?

Kwaaked

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2019, 12:11:40 PM »
Over on my side of the Atlantic, it's working fine.

Surest1tch

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2019, 20:26:38 PM »
I get it too but when I click the back button the page opens, it only happens on here.

b15erk

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2019, 11:46:57 AM »
I've had this error a couple of times today, and each time has been when I was updating information on my diary thread, and each time the information was lost.

So, hopefully just for today, I've been typing in Word and copying and pasting onto the forum. (It's tedious to keep re-typing the same stuff).

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

wrenkins

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2019, 12:19:44 PM »
I'm starting to have gateway problems and error codes too. I had the odd one before but it is getting progressively worse.  :(
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Kenora

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2019, 00:24:15 AM »
Same here. :S
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Iminei

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2019, 07:46:34 AM »
Hopefully this will be sorted shortly as we have finally got the passwords to access the hosting service site...
Sorry about this guys, hopefully Fran will have good news for us soon.

Francesca

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2019, 10:46:11 AM »
Announcement

This is the response I have had from our host:

I am sorry, it appears that we have had some load spikes over the last couple of days for the server that your site is hosted under. Keep in mind that due to the nature of the shared service, these load spikes can happen on occasion. Our administrators are constantly monitoring the services , and are working on mitigating any such issues.

To explain a bit, we are on shared hosting which means the server box we sit on has other people on it too (think about it like we're parked in a flat with lots of other people in different flats, as opposed to the more expensive option of having our own house). Another site on the server has been having "load spikes" e.g lots of people hitting their page and this is causing us to slow down  :[ (like trying to get in the shared front door when next door has a party).

Hopefully the issue will repair itself and it won't cause much issue but this is the nature of shared hosting. Please continue to report any slowness or errors here so that we can assess the impact this has on all of you and decide best course of action.