Access Difficulty

Ohsewsimple

Re: Access Difficulty
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2019, 16:37:58 PM »
Yay back up and running.  Thanks.

grannysyb

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2019, 17:05:32 PM »
Thanks for sorting this out,  very well done!

Francesca

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2019, 17:17:02 PM »
Chrome wouldn't let me on not no way no how.
Seems back to normal now.
Thanks @Francesca.

You can in Chrome. Just need to click the expanded advanced options and proceed. But it's fixed now anyway.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2019, 19:50:09 PM »
And here I thought it was just me and Chrome.  Glad for the company in that selfish sort of way where it's better to know it's not just your computer but a little glitch elsewhere.

My message was totally different. Chrome told me MY clock was wrong. That it was ahead of the actual time that you were using, by about 20 seconds. Button to reset, which of course did nothing due to the actual issue. You should have then seen me, swearing and trying to get the seconds manually adjusted to just right. Of course that never happened. I then went online and researched how to override the issue as well as the sites it's been telling me were not safe. It's the blasted veterinary clinic for Pete's sake.  :angry:

So I did all that, spread over two hours yesterday evening. Then shut the whole thing down which we avoid, as start up gives me no less then 17 pop ups, with a dog barking each time, that I have to click on in no less then 3 places on each of them, just to get to be on the internet.

So I was pleasantly shocked to be here this morning. I was going to send a PM over on PR to Kwaaked to let you all know why I'd disappeared.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Helen M

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2019, 20:02:26 PM »
My Chrome also went into something that the clock may show the incorrect time, it didn't, if my laptop had been compromised.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Iminei

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2019, 05:16:42 AM »
Many Many Thanks to @Francesca  for fixing this lil gremlin ... which was totally routine and nothing to worry about ... but we do dont we.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2019, 08:18:45 AM »
I did, it wouldn't so I did the dishes and had a bath.  0_0 (not in the same place!).

I got the clock thing too.

Missed you all.  0_0  <3
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2019, 06:09:08 AM »
@wrenkins  you were smarter then me then. I kept trying to reset the idiot clock and it still wasn't working. This is an older computer, the main one is acting up and w're at a standoff as to who'll break down and pay to fix it, and it disallows many things. Plus it has a dog  :woof: barking at me if I go somewhere it doesn't like.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.