The Sewing Place

Is it me?

sewmuchmore

Re: Is it me?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2017, 09:37:59 AM »
Would you blog this...I might be nit picking and a bit of a perfectionist but surely you would give this a good press. I was tought to press at every stage for a good finish.

I hope she isn't a member after you have all pulled her work to pieces. All of you with blogs imagine how you would feel if someone criticised something you had posted. Plus if you have seen this on her blog have you had the decency to post your thoughts on her blog.

It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

DementedFairy

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2017, 10:41:33 AM »
I hope she isn't a member after you have all pulled her work to pieces. All of you with blogs imagine how you would feel if someone criticised something you had posted. Plus if you have seen this on her blog have you had the decency to post your thoughts on her blog.

Oh lord we went down this road back on the original forum.  I personally don't give 2 hoots what people say about me or my makings, or I wouldn't be so arrogant as to post it out in public.  It's wearable, she looks happy, why should she care?  If she sees our comments and learns that pressing and understitching are good things, we have helped.
No one has been to burst her bubble in any cruel way, and nothing mean was said.

CRITICISM IS A GOOD THING

Empty praise is just that, empty.
C'est moi!

Lowena

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2017, 11:32:57 AM »
People who put themselves out there and write blogs are not usually thin skinned......or not for long!  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

UttaRetch

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2017, 12:33:26 PM »
... if you have seen this on her blog have you had the decency to post your thoughts ...

A lot of bloggers moderate comments and anything negative doesn't get put up.  I agree with DF in that there is nothing wrong with criticism so long as you stick to the subject in hand.  My other observation about the coat is that the neckline is lumpy.

DementedFairy

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »
My skin is so thick I have carved out nests for small animals in it
C'est moi!

Efemera

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2017, 12:38:11 PM »
Here we go again....I didn't say anything that was personal or derogatory ... I simply stated what was obvious and what was my opinion

Snowgoose

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2017, 14:12:04 PM »
I didn't know that fleece was dangerous to wildlife. I'm going to rethink how I wash my fleece jackets. These are incredibly useful as warmwear that doesn't matter too much (dog walking, gardening). Alternatively, perhaps felted wool could be used to make an equivalent but not destructive version?

I didn't know either  :(  but for me, fleece is ideal - I spend most days covered in mud, straw and various and assorted poo  :o. I also haven't the confidence or means to try and make a coat in a 'good' fabric. 

Possibly some charity shop wool blankets would work? 

I always thought fleece was eco-friendly being recycled plastic.  Oh dear.

DementedFairy

Lowena

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2017, 15:54:53 PM »
The only people we see in fleeces round here are the coach trip holidaymakers......over 75s  :o They wear trainers too...so...fleeces and trainers are 2 things I make sure that never darken my wardrobe  :D

Ellabella

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2017, 16:02:39 PM »
Sitting here in trainers and fleece jumper and I'm 11 years too young :S :'( :angry:.

Still I have just been to the gym and its cold and overcast so I'm going to stay comfy.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2017, 16:33:19 PM »
I didn't know either  :(  but for me, fleece is ideal - I spend most days covered in mud, straw and various and assorted poo

Ahh what a lovely picture you paint Snowgoose 0_0

Lowena

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2017, 16:35:56 PM »
Sitting here in trainers and fleece jumper and I'm 11 years too young :S :'( :angry:.

Still I have just been to the gym and its cold and overcast so I'm going to stay comfy.

Good for you Ella, but you're not from Cardiff on a coach trip to St Ives, so it doesn't count  :D

Snowgoose

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2017, 17:50:44 PM »
Ahh what a lovely picture you paint Snowgoose 0_0
  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

sewmuchmore

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2017, 18:23:03 PM »
Well i consider myself told off, again.  :devil:
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

jen

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2017, 18:35:49 PM »
re microfibres. Would it help to make a washing bag out of cotton sheeting or something similar to put the fleece in? Will theses fibres pass through close weave cotton?