The Sewing Place

Is it me?

Lowena

Re: Is it me?
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2017, 18:39:21 PM »
I'm sure nothing is personal sewmuchmore.............not even my ( hopefully ) humourous remarks about old ladies in fleeces and trainers :D :D :D :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

DementedFairy

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2017, 19:01:49 PM »
re microfibres. Would it help to make a washing bag out of cotton sheeting or something similar to put the fleece in? Will theses fibres pass through close weave cotton?

If you read the article, it sounds like a very tricky problem for the scientists, so I doubt if anything so simple would work.  These are tiny particles, but they are filling up sealife [and the intestines of whatever eats it]
C'est moi!

maliw

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2017, 20:47:54 PM »
Well I wear trainers - I walk a lot and they are great shock absorbers, and I have been known to wear a fleece as well. I've still got a way to go to 75.  ;)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2017, 18:22:59 PM »
The only people we see in fleeces round here are the coach trip holidaymakers......over 75s  :o They wear trainers too...so...fleeces and trainers are 2 things I make sure that never darken my wardrobe  :D

Here's this old lady in fleece and trainers...  0_0  0_0  0_0

Lowena

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2017, 19:30:32 PM »
 :D :D Bodgey, and very nice you look in them too  <3 ( and not a coach from Cardiff in sight  :D )
Triumph of hope over experience :D