The Sewing Place

The silver lining of the wrong scissors

Marniesews

The silver lining of the wrong scissors
« on: April 23, 2019, 04:10:03 AM »
I think some time ago I mentioned that I was getting some Gingher micro-serrated 8" shears. They arrived in time for my birthday celebrated at my daughter's and I was thrilled to have them until 2 days later when I realised they were actually the Knife Edge and not the Micro-serrated type that we'd ordered and which I really wanted. DH sent off an email and received a refund with an apology and instruction not to bother returning them together with an invitation to re-order. They were coming from the US so it took another 2 weeks when another pair of Knife Edge scissors arrived!

Another complaint was met with the response that they had definitely sent 8" Gingher shears and hubby was wanting to leave it at that - he figured 2 for the price of 1 was a good deal (he hates complaining) so he ordered me a pair of Kai micro-serrated shears (5000 range).  I have found the Kai very good so far (although the Ginghers slide through lycra like butter).  Then when he got a request for a review he responded and explained in great detail why not all 8" shears are the same resulting in another apology, another refund with instructions not to return the second pair together with a long explanation that they've now discovered that the delivery box they were sent by Gingher has the correct micro-serrated scissor reference on it but contains only Knife Edge shears!

I'd happily tell you where to order free Gingher scissors yourself but they've removed them from their listing - not sure if they'll tell us when they get the right ones in. I rather hope so after all the free scissors I've got in the process.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.