The Sewing Place

Jalie

Mama likes to make

Jalie
« on: March 01, 2017, 16:54:17 PM »
Has anyone ordered paper patterns from their site? I'm debating placing an order for one pattern but I was just wondering if they have any must buys since I am already paying postage?
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

sewing in oz

Re: Jalie
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 21:46:25 PM »
Haven't bought direct from their website; I'm in Australia so buy them on ebay when I find them.  I love the paper Jalie leotard patterns and admit to having quite a few.  I'm not a fan of their pdf patterns as they won't send me a large-page format to take to our local print shop to be printed on one sheet; they will only email the A4 format.

rowe1311

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 21:55:13 PM »
I bought the raglan top from minerva crafts and I think they sell a few more of her patterns.  I haven't made it yet but was recommended on Pattern Review. 

Mama likes to make

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 22:29:55 PM »
Thank you both. The shipping doesn't seem too bad for the paper ones from their site and I really like the idea of the large range of sizes they come in. I can imagine the PDF's would be a nightmare esp with such large size ranges
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 00:22:42 AM »
I have a Jali PDF trouser pattern that I have made several times without any problems.
Mind you it is for some loose elastic waist trousers so if I wasn't too accurate with the lines it was no big deal.
A more structured pattern would be more challenging.

Marniesews

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 12:08:50 PM »
What sort of styles are you looking for? I've bought quite a few for ballroom & dance - most skating ones that I've used for bodice/sleeves with a self-drafted skirt. I get them as printed patterns from Habithat, their UK importer.

I like them a lot - they're great to hack as one pattern will usually fit together with another using the same size and, being nested, it's easy to move from one size line to another when altering for varying body sizes. I like the big format and the quality of paper that they're printed on is excellent and withstands folding and unfolding over and over again really well.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 10:09:24 AM »
I don't know if you are aware, but Jalie do a series of tutorials on Youtube.  Lots of pattern information there too.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Catllar

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 11:56:48 AM »
I like their dance patterns  leotards and such like. Good quality and they last for ever.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !