The Sewing Place

Blue floral waistcoat

Silver Rose

Blue floral waistcoat
« on: April 23, 2019, 09:50:47 AM »
I've nearly finished the waistcoat, made using the last metre or so of the blue and beige cotton. I mamaged to squeak the lining out of left over bits. I've just got to finish off the side seams, the fiddly bit, I'll save that for another day.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Ploshkin

Re: Blue floral waistcoat
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 11:31:54 AM »
Did we ever see the finished jacket?  Did I miss it?
Life's too short for ironing.

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 11:51:36 AM »
Can we have a better pic please, I would very much like to see the fabric (sorry SR)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 12:01:55 PM »
Sorry Iminei, it is a bit blurred, shaky hands. Ploshkin, I found a pic of the skirt and jacket on a hanger on my phone so I'll post that when I get home, my friend who usually takes reasonable photos of me in my makes has been poorly with a fractured shoulder and is not driving at the moment so we meet in town. I'll get him to take a pic of me wearing the jacket and skirt next time he comes to my place.There is a half decent photo of the fabric posted in the Summer jacket and skirt thread.
Still learning

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 12:14:53 PM »
No problem, it looks lovely .. William Morrisy ??

Silver Rose

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 14:20:43 PM »
Yes, that is what drew me to the fabric, not strictly William Morris but there was just a hint, anyway reader, I bought it ;) This may be a better photo.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Still learning

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 17:52:52 PM »
Oh that is lovely! And I think you are pattern matching the bird on the front, well done!

My interior designer friends say Willam Morris (the brand not the guy) are releasing the old patterns but in more modern colourways and that could certainly count as one of those.

Beautiful SR, thanks for taking the time to take another pic (or sharpen up the old one, can you do that ???)

Silver Rose

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 20:59:57 PM »
I took another photo  the other colour was maroon, I liked the blue better, I never used to wear blue until recently.  Pattern match? That was a happy accident ;)
Still learning

Catllar

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 19:47:49 PM »
That's pretty - love the fabric! :flower: :flower:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Greybird

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 22:19:24 PM »
This is going to look lovely. Will you wear the waistcoat under your jacket?

Silver Rose

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 06:20:58 AM »
Thanks Greybird, I think I will wear it with the matching skirt and I have  a couple of pairs of summer trousers that will go with it. I will feel a bit bundled up wearing jacket and waistcoat. I had better get on and finish it today.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 09:53:57 AM »
It is finished except for the slip stitching of the lining, I tried it on and it is a bit gappy around the armholes at the back, I though my upper back had got slimmer, the front princess seams are just right over my bust though. I wore a dress I made about 5 years ago last Wednesday and notice there was some slack across the back of that so I'll have to measure myself again.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 08:28:28 AM »
I am wearing the skirt with the waistcoat today to go out for the day. I managed to take a photo.
 Sorry it is blurred. I'll have to get my friend to take a better one.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 08:30:25 AM by Silver Rose »
Still learning

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 08:31:13 AM »
You look lovely SR, Have a really good day ,

Greybird

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 09:11:49 AM »
Looks lovely!!