The Sewing Place

Things you never knew you needed for the sewing room

Manuela

Things you never knew you needed for the sewing room
« on: April 23, 2019, 10:11:02 AM »
While out and about today I came across this nifty rechargeable mini vacuum cleaner, it now lives in my sewing nook in Thailand  :

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

ETA: added image, the one linked seems to have disappeared...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 01:53:11 AM by Manuela »

Iminei

Re: Things you never knew you needed for the sewing room
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 12:23:36 PM »
After seeing pics of Sandras  giant safety pin, I am convincedmy life will be untenable without one ... but dare I ?

As of course I want the ultra humunguous one ( 90 cm ££££ !!!)

Although the brass one (52 cm ££ !) would go better with the decor (honey coloured walls)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:25:35 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Manuela

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 18:09:33 PM »
The big silver one is seriously tempting, but I wouldn’t have the wall space for it. I can see it put up horizontally to hand up all my patterns...

Vivine

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 08:21:40 AM »
While out and about today I came across this nifty rechargeable mini vacuum cleaner, it now lives in my sewing nook in Thailand  :D

I've got one that's a bit larger, plugged nearby so when I've finished sewing I can have a quick clean up ready for the next day. It's so useful.
Keep smiling

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 11:50:06 AM »
I bought a kit to go on the hoover and it’s great.  I try and do my overlocker every time the hoover is out but sometimes DH is too quick and it’s gone before I’m ready.

Flobear

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 18:18:23 PM »
I would be very interested to know of a suitable piece of kit to suck the fluff out of my machines. I can't see Manuela's pic so I have no idea what I'm looking for!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Puzzler

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 18:22:56 PM »
Me neither. She must be in cahoots with Imi.

Ellabella

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 19:09:01 PM »
I bought a cheap mini vacuum attachment from Amazon. It connects to the Dyson albeit loosely.

It’s amazing how much it removes, I try to remember to do it regularly and has a lovely narrow nozzle that can get into the smallest crannies.

Vezelay

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 22:54:46 PM »
I got this a couple of years ago after reading a thread here. It's useful for cleaning out overlocker debris. I have a handheld Black & Decker in the sewing room wall for general mess.