The Sewing Place

My summer jacket

snoozi soozi

My summer jacket
« on: April 26, 2019, 18:57:03 PM »
I made a loose jacket for summer, not sure what the fabric is it was donated to me by a friend, I reckon it's a linen blend.

The pattern is Burda easy number 8108 which I've had for ages but didn't fancy tackling as I thought there'd be loads of jiggery pokery involved to get a good fit. Well whaddayaknow, it is perfect as it is.

I love the simple style - me all over  :P - and I can pronounce it my new favourite  :loveit:  The pic shows the contrast fabric I used for the facing and the inside of the pockets, I won't be wearing it pinned back  :o

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Efemera

Re: My summer jacket
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 08:33:03 AM »
I love a bit of sun shiny yellow.

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 08:48:30 AM »
Lovely jacket and very pretty lining!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 08:49:16 AM »
Sorry @snoozi soozi , I have posted in the wrong place, I love your yellow jacket too.
Still learning

snoozi soozi

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 09:37:34 AM »
Sorry @snoozi soozi , I have posted in the wrong place, I love your yellow jacket too.

You're forgiven, I'm pleased for you that you received compliments on your jacket  :)

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 10:07:01 AM »
Just making sure that nobody thinks that @snoozi soozi and @Silver Rose have gone a bit peculiar...  ;) ... I have moved the post they're referring to to Silver Rose's thread.

PS  Lovely jackets!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Nevis5

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 10:41:46 AM »
Really pretty, @snoozi soozi !  I wish I could wear yellow, it's such a happy colour.  But it looks terrible on me  :x

annieeg

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 11:15:08 AM »
@snoozi soozi
Lovely jacket (I have that jacket (a UFO) made in a lightweight beige and white check.  I shall now finish it as it looks a lovely shape.

NB:  that's a 3-piece pattern and I made the top also but as I remember it was a big snug.
I think I'll have another go at that top.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Annie

snoozi soozi

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 12:33:49 PM »
@annieeg you're right about the top  ><

I made a toile in the same size as the jacket and so far I've adjusted the back pattern piece (made bigger) and am thinking it might need to be adjusted again further. I've inserted a bigger piece into it but am yet to make a toile piece as I got a bit fed-up of unpicking all the seams to attach all the pieces together.  I reckon eventually it will be ok, but my trouble is once I find a top I like I stick to it, and I already have one of those  ;)

Morzel

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 21:21:31 PM »
Wonderful summery jacket! The colour is great, and with that perfectly matching lining...  :)
Eva

aprilla

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 23:25:11 PM »
Gorgeous little jacket, perfect for summer  :toast:

Bookish

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 23:30:43 PM »
Perfect for summer... will have to check that pattern  :)