The Sewing Place

Binder attachment for Bernina 009DCC Coverstitch Machine

annieeg

Binder attachment for Bernina 009DCC Coverstitch Machine
« on: April 27, 2019, 10:26:29 AM »
I was admiring the binding on Efemera's dress (shown earlier) which is done with a binding attachment on her Coverstitch machine.
I have a Bernina 009DCC and wondered if there was a binding attachment for that machine, but it doesn't seem there is.
Would anyone know of a "generic" binder which might work with the Bernina Coverstitch?

Efemera

Re: Binder attachment for Bernina 009DCC Coverstitch Machine
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 12:24:03 PM »
All binders will work ...it’s just a matter of fixing it to your machine... I know Janome needs a plate to fix the binder to... I don’t know about yours. I bought a generic single fold binder and it works fine.

Sewbusy

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 12:58:40 PM »
@annieeg  I have the same Coverstitch machine ( the one I renames with naughty words! ) Never had it sewing correctly despite having it looked at and 'repaired'. Long story short. I have a Babylock Bias Binder plus quite a few other feet and no longer have the Evolve. The 009DCC was manufactured by Juki and is identical to the Juki MCS1500 . The Babylock Binder does fit the Bernina. It's a 36mm version. I can't test that it works correctly/efficiently till the machine is sewing properly. It's going in to be looked at next week and after a long conversation the technician assures me that it should function correctly once the needle tension assembly?s are sorted. I'm hopeful. No charge if not able to sort it, so fair enough.

Here's a link to Pattern Review re binder for the 009 DCC. The last post the writer has managed to get it working correctly, so worth a read.
https://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingDiscussions/topic/105140/1

If I get my machine sorted I'll let you know how I get on.

Apologies for the long post and hope it helps.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 13:02:26 PM by Sewbusy »

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 13:33:29 PM »
@Sewbusy thanks very much for your informative response and I'll check out the link. :D