The Sewing Place

My fabrics

EllaRose

My fabrics
« on: April 29, 2019, 07:57:37 AM »
Hello everyone, has anyone bought from these?
Looked on their website and they seem to have a great range of fabric, some not the cheapest. However when I did a search of reviews they got hammered due to delivery times.
Has anyone got comments about quality of fabric and delivery times?

Efemera

Re: My fabrics
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 08:19:13 AM »
I’ve bought once... fabric was fine and but I don’t remember the delivery times. They offer a £5 voucher at times but when I went to use it I was told I couldn’t on that particular order..I’ve never bothered since.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 08:45:47 AM »
Is this myfabric.co.uk?

I've used them quite a few times, and they're very good.  However, despite the .co.uk they are in Germany, and delivery generally takes 7 to 10 days.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 17:21:27 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

EllaRose

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 09:09:18 AM »
Thank you for your responses, yes I did notice although they state .co.uk they are in Germany.
I also noticed they offered a £5 voucher when signing up so will try to use it.
They have some lovely linen linen/mix fabrics which I don't find the easiest fabric to get in the UK sor some strange reason, mind you I live in Norfolk and don't have a huge choice of fabric shops

Fiona M

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 13:36:54 PM »
I’ve used them a lot.  (It’s the best supplier I’ve found for patterned jersey).
As stated, they’re based in Germany, and although reliable they can be slow, especially if they have a sale on and get busy.

Ploshkin

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 13:53:30 PM »
I've always been happy with the fabric I've had from there.
Life's too short for ironing.

doesntworkonwood

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 14:49:53 PM »
I bought some suiting fabric from there once. After I washed it, it went from a beautiful true black to a gross mottled brown. I emailed them about it, but they never got back to me. Eventually I had to create a paypal dispute to get my money back. Never again...

fajita

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 16:32:30 PM »
I've bought from them a couple of times, no problems at all. Last time I was going to, it would have cost £+s in postage so didn't bother.

Surest1tch

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 17:10:36 PM »
I've used them a few times and been pleased with what they sent me, delivery is usually about 7-10 days.