The Sewing Place

Annuvver one!

KayK

Annuvver one!
« on: April 12, 2017, 22:03:37 PM »
Well, having ditched the Touch and Sew 760 as there were broken bits in it, but a whole host of decent accessories for slant shank machines, I bit the bullet and purchased a Touch and Sew 784.... for a whole £30..... I picked it up after work this evening and was amazed to find that although it was made in 1975, it is like new!! I have road tested all of it, and works brilliantly.  Have started FMQing and it does it beautifully.  I have even had the insides out (as it were and it appears untouched and very clean.......virtually no fluff in the bobbin area either.

It just goes to show how much fun you can have for £30!!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

b15erk

Re: Annuvver one!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 09:12:01 AM »
OOoooo lovely!  I think I may like to have a Touch and Sew.  I believe my Singer 611g is very similar, but without that unusual bobbin set up.  I do love my 611g, but just not done much sewing lately....  After Easter:)

Must take the old ladies out for a spin now and again!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Sewsuzie

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 08:48:57 AM »
Isn't it great when you find an oldie like that, that has had such an easy life, and cheap as chips into the bargain. Hope you enjoy using it  :)

Suzie  :vintage:
Never let your sewing machine know you're in a hurry

Snowgoose

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 00:18:18 AM »
Congratulations  :toast:  Hope you have many happy hours of sewing fun  :)