The Sewing Place

I've been to see my france again.

Catllar

I've been to see my france again.
« on: May 04, 2019, 21:19:17 PM »
And came home with a few metres of basic black and basic white crepe. Then some rust  linen knit fell into my bag, followed by a lovely floral knit with pink and rust orchids ( heck knows what I'll do with it but it's lovely).  Err, then I got  some navy blue and white patterned ponte, so pleased he had this tucked away in a dark cupboard. I bought some of it a couple of years back but in a black and white colour way and I regretted straight away not having bought both colours.  There was so much gorgeousness I could have bought lots of stuff. So I paid up ( with a discount - thank you) then he gave me a piece of fabric - 2 metres of gorgeous stretch velvet ( it's everywhere this year) with a lovely mandala print in soft blues - perfect for a kimono jacket I think. I think the wedding will be soon now girls, get your hats ready.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

fajita

Re: I've been to see my france again.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 21:22:32 PM »
@Catllar  Your 'France' sounds as lovely as ever, but I'm sure he'd rather be your 'fiancé '  ;)

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 21:52:21 PM »
Gotta love predictive text after a couple of tin and gonics. :gin: :gin:

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 21:53:56 PM »
My phone once changed 'I am going to be late' to 'I am going to be martyred'.  I was on my way to see a Bishop, and texting a priest to ask them to pass on the message...
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 22:10:43 PM »
Aaaah. That explains it. PT and Tin.  0_0
I knew who you meant, I just wondered why you were calling him france.  -<
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

BrendaP

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 22:44:09 PM »
I think she means her fiancé in France.  Good to know that the relationship is still strong  :loveit:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Catllar

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 22:18:53 PM »
Actually, just between us, I think he's got designs on my friend Isabelle. He asked me why she wasn't with me and said to say hello to her - do you think I've got competition or is he just doing it to make me jealous??