The Sewing Place

Don't want to buy anything if I can use what I have, need little help please.

Sewbusy

As you may know I am easing myself back into sewing so thought I'd make something easy, you know how that goes don't you? The pattern is a two button tailored blazer

Is horsehair canvas too much for interfacing heavy cotton?

The fabric is cream with blue 'ribbon stripes'. The only linings I have are cream-too see through. or bottle green, too dark.
I have many metres of Thai 2 ply silk, think they call it sandwashed in a pale peachy colour, Think that would look ok for the lining?

I'll probably ask more question as I progress or maybe more if I don't progress as I want to.

Sewbusy

Thank you @Francesca , I followed your advice and have decided to underline using a plain off white cotton twill and use the horsehair interlining. May use the cream lining after all.

Have cut the pattern pieces in both fabrics, now to copy lines and markings etc to pieces. plenty of basting to do. Pattern is an old one in size 12, thought I'd set myself enough of a challenge without making it for a particular person/body! May just reduce the lapel size though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Style-Sewing-Pattern-no-1718-ladies-suit-size-14-Unused-Vintage/222442434675?epid=683385921&hash=item33ca9a3073:g:B8cAAOSwn-tZFJZ2

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]