The Sewing Place

Searching for some fabric like the link.

hernibs

Searching for some fabric like the link.
« on: May 10, 2019, 14:33:14 PM »
https://www.peterhahn.co.uk/peter-hahn-shirt-style-blouse-orange-multi-coloured-726425.html

I don't normally go for busy like the above fabric but I would like something similar (or the same!) as it offers lots of colours to go with lots of items.
Have been searching but nothing found quite like it (it's cotton voile but ordinary cotton ok).
Just wondering if any of you recognise it from when you were browsing fabric, you are all much more knowledgeable than me.
Thanks.

Tamnymore

Re: Searching for some fabric like the link.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 14:50:58 PM »
I don't think I've seen anything quite like this fabric but it's worth having a look through the textile centre website www.thetextilecentre.co.uk  (also on eBay) to see if anything catches your eye -probably more likely to be in viscose than cotton though.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 16:01:08 PM »
Its an african type print quite like the multi print schwe schwe I've seen recently ... NOW in other colourways than Blue!

or kente fabric
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sewingsue

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 16:24:58 PM »
Now I am not normally a pattern person, but I do like some of those kente fabrics.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 16:57:56 PM »
Ohh... that’s nice, hope somebody finds a looking likey.
It says free from harmful substances! That’s an odd thing to say.
Hooray it comes in fat sizes.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 16:59:44 PM by Efemera »

sewmuchmore

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 18:02:35 PM »
What about this
or this
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 18:18:34 PM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

hernibs

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 18:37:43 PM »
Oooooh - lots of replies - thanks all of you - off to browse - sup to size 20 I think and really not that expensive!
Back later!

hernibs

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 19:01:18 PM »
Thanks everyone - I have had a 'quick' browse - lots of African style fabrics - most are too large for a 5' woman......kente are definitely super - will go back to there again.
I had been to the textile place Tamnymore - thanks.
I really didn't want any more floral stuff as have too much floral stuff in my very small stash and this top has lots of colours and is practical as well - it is also not a large scale pattern - little verticals and some horizontals but nothing takes over as it were.
After another long browse I will decide.
Grateful to you all.

StitchinTime

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 20:35:19 PM »
This probably isn’t quite what you are looking for, but it a small scale print and cotton lawn:
https://www.croftmill.co.uk/products/cotton-fabrics/superior-quality-cotton-lawn/quirky-abstract-colourful-block-print-pima-cotton-product.html

hernibs

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 23:26:13 PM »
Oh you have definitely got my drift......I have had quite a bit of fabric from them and had seriously looked at that before I asked you folks...twice actually....my reason for moving on but remembering where it was was that it seemed to me it had a predominance of greens - not bad really but more than I'd like.

Thanks for your searching for me T - I was away watching my recording of the Madrid Open tennis so haven't yet finished my browse at kente.

Goodnight and sleep well.

hernibs

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 16:44:22 PM »
Ohh... that’s nice, hope somebody finds a looking likey.
It says free from harmful substances! That’s an odd thing to say.
Hooray it comes in fat sizes.

Yep, comes in fat sizes LOL   - have looked at kente again and the other sites but I don't see anything as good as this top....given I have just received a £30 refund on a poor ebay purchase which was returned and Peter Hahn are offering £5 off plus free shipping I think I will treat myself....but then there is the dilemma as to which 'fat size' to order  - big on bust and tummy but small on shoulders.....huh - might order two to be sure to be sure.
Also want to say how super you all are in helping me come to this decision.  Some of the kente was almost there but then they are not in EU or UK....the Clothspot one was almost there too but I will send for this one - I hope I think it is as good when it arrives.