The Sewing Place

Ideas for hand sewing.

jintie

Re: Ideas for hand sewing.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 11:02:52 AM »
Had it for two years and never made a thing. The threading is very different to a conventional sewing machine. You only get the sashiko stitch on one side. Go to a store and try one out.
Rottweiler with scissors

Thecostumelady

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 15:52:44 PM »
Wow!! Glad I asked!  Thank you so much everyone.  I have bookmarked everything so I can go back and have a really good browse when I get the time.  That book looks really tempting Acorn...I don't know how long I will be able to resist sending for that one!  But thank you for everyone for sharing. I knew you wouldn't let me down.

Nipped out to the shops just after lunch and ran into a lady I met at the Quilt group who was bending my ear about a friend of hers who has just been involved in opening a women and baby refuge and who is desperate for small quilts.  Looks like this is yet something else I need to find the time to do as I have one or two ready pieced tops that have been lurking in my drawer for a very long time.  Please can I have more hours in the day??  Ann x

Celia

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 16:05:49 PM »
Had it for two years and never made a thing. The threading is very different to a conventional sewing machine. You only get the sashiko stitch on one side. Go to a store and try one out.
@jintie
Thank you for the information, although the chance to get one is good I think I will save my money for something I am more sure to use.