The Sewing Place

Husqvarna QuickFont Program

Acorn

Husqvarna QuickFont Program
« on: May 22, 2019, 18:01:25 PM »
According to my Topaz 25 manual the complimentary software should include QuickFont, which allows you to make embroidery from any TrueType or OpenType fonts on your computer.  The manual seems to suggest that that software is separate from the rest of the free software (Premier+ 2).  However, information on the Husqvarna website seems to suggest that there should be a QuickFont tab within the Premier+ 2 software.

There isn't one in mine.  I have contacted Husqvarna Viking, but I'm not holding my breath.

Is anyone else using this program?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ohsewsimple

Re: Husqvarna QuickFont Program
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 18:50:51 PM »
I think you would have had a disc with the machine that has quick font on it. 
You got Premier plus free???   Lucky you!

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 19:26:09 PM »
The free version is much, much smaller than the proper version - almost everything is excluded - but it is apparently supposed to include Quick Font. 

I actually ended up buying SewWhat Pro for £45, which does pretty much the same stuff as the free version of Premier+ - a little bit more I think - but is much more user friendly.  It does have a font utility, but the results I've had from it so far haven't been brilliant.

The software is all via download from Husqvarna's website.  The method for downloading and installing it was a total nightmare - and I'm pretty good with computers.  I ended up having to go back to the dealer and get their advice, which included uninstalling everything and starting again.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 22:06:02 PM »
I know they used to give out a disk with the machines.  I had one with my SE and have also got one with my Diamond.  But as I use a Mac it’s no good.  I had thought of getting the Premier software but see it has had some really bad reviews and husqvarna themselves have come under fire for not responding to people's queries and complaints.  After a lot of consideration I bought Embrilliance. 

Celia

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 16:18:10 PM »
@Acorn the quick font is found in the Accessories folder at the bottom of the opening screen just press the big + sign I have attached a screen shot. Hope this helps

Morgan

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 16:57:23 PM »
another popular Free package that people use for lettering is Embrilliance Express.

The free part of the programme can do quite a lot with fonts .  It uses fonts in BX files and there are plenty to choose from.
Take a look on You Tube to see how much you can do with fonts and lettering with the free part of the package.

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 19:19:08 PM »
@Celia - you are wonderful!!   :*  Thank you.

Off to play...  0_0